Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Resurgence Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I vote for Mouse's idea, unless you're planning to do overlays of that data right on the continents. In that case, maybe a list of 'current events' on the right, made to look kind of like a vertically-scrolling newsfeed type thing?

Well, it's gonna be easier with the planets with more than one nation... The commonwealth is originally composed of various states, though. I'm probably gonna add more informations on the map itself.

@Mouse : I like your suggestion but I don't have much place here.
    @Diamond : I also like the idea of a "current events" news feed.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll see what I can do that can be used for all the worlds.

I did some tests today, and I think I will finally do different panels according to each world.
    I realized it by doing Helios :
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helios planetary view.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	546.8 KB 
ID:	97400
    And some new elements for Negoea.

Name:	Neogea planet view.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	440.1 KB 
ID:	97401
    All critics welcome.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, that totally makes sense to do different panels depending on the world type.

If you'll take a bit of criticism: the city labels on Helios are almost impossible to read.

Incredible!

I've gone rushing over to download that planet tutorial

That's only the half of it though. The way you are presenting them is just superb

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Any idea of what I could place in the space at the right?
    How about physical information, like atmospheric composition, radius, axial tilt, duration of day, etc.
    Selden

By Diamond
    Yeah, that totally makes sense to do different panels depending on the world type.
    If you'll take a bit of criticism: the city labels on Helios are almost impossible to read.
    Yup, that's what I figured. Even if some world are likely to have similar panels. As for Helios, I feared it...
    I made the labels a bit bigger. Is it legible now?

Name:	Helios planetary view.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	547.5 KB 
ID:	97429
    By Mouse
    I've gone rushing over to download that planet tutorial
    That's only the half of it though. The way you are presenting them is just superb
    I hope it helps. I may improved it if necessary, don't hesitate to tell me if it's unclear or not detailed enough. And thank you about the presentation... it's gonna be quite repetitive, though.

By Selden
    How about physical information, like atmospheric composition, radius, axial tilt, duration of day, etc.
    Except of the atmospheric composition, I placed those informations on the stellar systems map. I wanted to avoid the repetition. I'm putting the atmospheric composure for the worlds with an "exotic" non-terrestrial one.
    Don't hesitate if you have other ideas!

For Neogea, I added political informations/labels. And a current events panel.

Name:	Neogea planet view.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	480.7 KB 
ID:	97430

I don't think you need to worry too much about the repetitive nature of the presentation. After all, that's what will tie all these worlds together. I think the different information for each one - information most relevant to that planet, is a cool idea

The new labels are just about legible for me. Maybe its the resolution you are uploading the maps at?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

Great to see another huge, ambitious ("ilantharish") project of yours! The system maps are particularly awesome but overall the interface designs with all the information are just great. Fantastic to see you constantly refining and varying the style of your system maps from project to project over the years. Thanks for sharing your always interesting wip!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

By Mouse
    The new labels are just about legible for me.
    Are you talking about the small labels of Helios or the red labels on Neogea? I don't think it's a resolution issue (jpeg artefact, a bit), so I should be able to correct it.

Btw, I've made a mistake for the human profile (the heliotes are smaller and the mercarian a little taller)... I'll correct that too.

@Abu Lafia : Thanks a lot, my friend ! I'm glad you find the WIP interesting.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast