Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Resurgence Maps

Both of them, although there is a fractional difference. The Neogea labels are slightly more difficult to read.

I think you might be right about the compression, but showing the images slightly larger than they are would also resolve the problem

EDIT: ah - you see - I'm not paying attention properly! I was talking about the white labels on both. The red ones are fine.

Damni! I really thought the city names were legible on the Neogea map (hence the fact I didn't ask about them).
    Well, I sized up the city labels both on Helios and Neogea. Hope everything is legible now...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Helios planetary view.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	549.7 KB 
ID:	97473

Name:	Neogea planet view.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	486.2 KB 
ID:	97474

And here's Mercari
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Mercari Planet View.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	551.3 KB 
ID:	97557

Here's the start of Sesha. Probably not the best I did (a bit messy in some places). I have to do all the labels/datas on the map itself.
    I'm not sure about what to place between the topography and the key... Probably astronomical data (Sesha is tidally locked : the ocean facing the giant planet).

Name:	Sesha planetary view.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	441.7 KB 
ID:	97727

Sesha's done, except if I didn't see some mistakes... (I've already corrected some on the previous ones).

Name:	Sesha planetary view.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	485.9 KB 
ID:	97755
    Luna is coming next, quite logically, I guess .

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I like that one quite a bit. Am I right in thinking that Maikauler is a tropical paradise?

By Diamond
    I like that one quite a bit. Am I right in thinking that Maikauler is a tropical paradise?
    Absolutely, it's how I picture Maikaulea : a white sand polynesian beach with a reddish gas giant planet in the sky .

Luna is probably done (it's way more cold, with taïgas & tundras mostly, more temperate & mediterranean toward to the equator). Based on our moon.

Name:	Luna Planetary View.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	533.0 KB 
ID:	97868

And here's Hephaesti (with the use of the "Planet Trantor" texture, by Robert Stein III, under CC).

Name:	Hephaesti Planetary View.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	556.5 KB 
ID:	97876

I present you Scylla, a cold mountainous world. The unfrozen seas are a consequence of heat pits from below.

Name:	Scylla Planetary View.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	747.3 KB 
ID:	97911

PS : I have (and will) edit the first post with the texture I've used, when I did not start from scratch and satellite photos of Earth.
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 07-25-2017 at 02:44 PM.

I just love the way these systems continue to grow with an increasing amount of glorious detail without any loss of quality!

Great work, Ilanthar

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast