Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Resurgence Maps

Wip Resurgence Maps

Among other things, I want to "reboot" my old eggregor settings and improve it. And of course, I need maps to do it properly. It will be a different setting with a part of common things and ideas, and I changed the name to "Resurgence".

Instead of a "new vision" of the solar system, I decided for a multiple system of 4 stars, and therefore, 4 stellar systems.
    I've done every major planets and moons and a few possible "nebulous backgrounds".

I began with the more distant system.
    Its quite advanced but I'm not so sure of the layout and clarity of the different parts... This background is very good for legibility. I will probably try another one for the stellar systems view, and possible for the other systems.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hyperion System.jpg 
Views:	997 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	96701

Imortant note :
    I used directly or with modifications, textures coming from Robert Stein III, under CC.
    - Mercari (use of Planet Dawn Texture)
    - Helios (use of Tao Seti Texture)
    - Hephaesti (use of Trantor texture).
    - Nivelion (use of Blink texture).
    ------------------------------------------
    And textures from celestiamotherlode.net
    - Thartar (use of Boliverius Alvera Sagittarii v1 "moon 2" texture)
    - Medgaria (use of Laudomia texture in the Alaraph system)
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 11-15-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Oh... my... goooodness... me!

That is just awesome!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Praise [B]Extraordinary[/B]

WOW!!! O_o that is amazing... I'm almost speechless.

If this map showed up in a scifi game or on screen in scifi movie it would have looked completely believable and at home.

It's hard to even BEGIN thinking of anything out of place. Joh... this is something.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Thanks a lot guys! I'm not quite sure of how organizing things, to be honest. I just had some issues with the more "bright" part of the nebula and for more cohesion, I decided to go with all "nations tiles" on the same line. It leaves a blank zone, though...

The other background didn't really worked well. I probably used just one of them for the general stellar systems map.

Not sure it's clear that the bottom left part is a comparative size of planets/main moons and the bottom right a distance chart.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	156 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	96717
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 06-19-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Man this is really amazing! I think that the new layout is an overall improvement. It does leave a little blank space between the planets and their nation tiles, but it's not confusing and it doesn't bother me.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Thanks a lot guys! I'm not quite sure of how organizing things, to be honest. I just had some issues with the more "bright" part of the nebula and for more cohesion, I decided to go with all "nations tiles" on the same line. It leaves a blank zone, though...

The other background didn't really worked well. I probably used just one of them for the general stellar systems map.

Not sure it's clear that the bottom left part is a comparative size of planets/main moons and the bottom right a distance chart.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Hmm, I'm not sure. I quite liked the nations tile format of the first WIP in this thread. Try it like the first one, descending on the one side and then ascending on the other side. Like a \_____/
    (this brainstorming here, but like I said, I could imagine it being aboard a ship and someone opening it like Minority Report and the stuff is ascending slightly away from the person as he/she operate the map. I think that would look cool.) But I'm just one opinion and you are already off to a cracking start with the reboot.
    Last edited by XCali; 06-20-2017 at 05:23 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Thanks Daniel .

Well, I changed the orientation of the tiles as well as the national emblems. I think it's better this way and it will be more easy to put multiple nations for one planet (as it is in an other system).

@XCali : why not. I'm not decied yet. I'll keep this orientation for the tiles, but I may not keep them aligned. Its gonna be clearer when I'll do th frame, I guess.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	81 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	96731

WOW!! This looks so cool. Did you make the planet textures yourself?
    All I have to say, is that it is really awesome.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

By Josiah VE
    WOW!! This looks so cool. Did you make the planet textures yourself?
    Thanks a lot, Josiah. Well, I didn't do all of the 66 textures (when counting rhe other systems), but I did or rearranged most of them since I want to get some usable world maps as well.
    Here's Neogea (without the clouds) for example.

Name:	exemple.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	238.2 KB 
ID:	96745

I changed things a bit (positions and national emblems, mainly) and added some more data.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	124 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	96746

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

You create magnificent worlds with a simple snapping of your fingers! Very impressive !

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast