Thread: Requesting a Mapping Programming forum.

Default Requesting a Mapping Programming forum.

Hi. Might it be possible to have a forum to discuss programming that we can use for mapping, like procedural generation, heightmap rendering, and so on. I don't mean like the existing forum that's for software available out in the wilderness, I mean for stuff we at the CG do ourselves.

Hi Pananacakes, there is an area of the forum dedicated to what you're looking for, though I think most people overlook it. Take a look at the Software Discussion area. Just above the regular forum threads, there are links to two sub-forums, one of which is 'Programming & Algorithms'. No-one's posted in the last 30 days, but you can show older threads with the 'Thread Display Options'.

Hope that's useful.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Blog Entries

Definitely this ! I have something to post in the automation section quite soon but I need a little feedback on something before I do.

Thanks ChickPea. I remember now looking at that forum but I forgot about it. Sadly it's rather a ghost town. Maybe the Software discussion could get relabelled as Software and Programming?