Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: June 2017 Challenge: The Hanging Gardens of Magrael

A beauty already!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Wow, Sue, this looks amazing! Great job!

Looking awesome, Mouse

The dotted O's take a little getting used to but I think they're okay.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Hi Sue,

Awesome map. love your texture work, particularly the forests/trees.

Picked up possibly a couple of typo's in the text; you have stayeed where I believe it should be stayed and enrish where I think it should be enrich. Unless of course these are intentional to reflect a slightly different dialect or something.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This is really great! Especially considering you had to in essence start over. I love the setting - your usual well-considered back-story. And you've still got plenty of time, so don't panic. I have to do inventory at work this Friday evening, so I may not even get a chance to lock the threads until Saturday morning!

This is so different from you usuall maps. Looking very good so far.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Excellent work with the cliffs again Mouse!

LOL! I got told off by the server for including too many smilies, so here they are for all of you:

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    A beauty already!
    Thank you, Josiah!

Quote Originally Posted by HadrianVI View Post
    Wow, Sue, this looks amazing! Great job!
    Thank you Hadrian - as does yours...

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Looking awesome, Mouse

The dotted O's take a little getting used to but I think they're okay.
    Thanks Chashio!

I'm starting not to see them at all, but I've been staring at them a lot longer than anyone else, so its probably one of those optical illusion thingummies, where the spots vanish when you look directly at them if you've already been staring at them for a while in a more general fashion... or something! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Hi Sue,

Awesome map. love your texture work, particularly the forests/trees.

Picked up possibly a couple of typo's in the text; you have stayeed where I believe it should be stayed and enrish where I think it should be enrich. Unless of course these are intentional to reflect a slightly different dialect or something.
    Thank you Damonjynx!

These textures are a mixture of my own, most of which are already in my texture album, and a larger selection from Textures.com. You can register free and get 15 free textures a day from that site. I only use the free ones myself, but you can get some real beauties there. The only slightly unfortunate thing is that I modified two of them to make them seamless, and I don't think I have the right to re-distribute them. Its a bit too similar to re-distributing the original, which isn't allowed.

As for the spelling mistakes? Thank you for spotting them. I admit to having had a glass of wine last night, and where I don't usually drink at all, I think I may have been a bit more sloshed than I thought! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    This is really great! Especially considering you had to in essence start over. I love the setting - your usual well-considered back-story. And you've still got plenty of time, so don't panic. I have to do inventory at work this Friday evening, so I may not even get a chance to lock the threads until Saturday morning!
    Aw thank you D!

I suspect I might not be the only one who will be grateful for the extra time

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    This is so different from you usuall maps. Looking very good so far.
    Thank you Voolf!

This is my first 'GIMP only' map, and only the second one I've ever done as a painting in textures - the background of Scribble Rock being the first. It was an idea inspired by the polygon area fills of CC3, but done more like a painting with layer masks to paint the visibility on and off. I think I like this style, but I'm already becoming aware that there are some serious limitations to it - not least the size limitation. I can make maps that are 10x bigger than this one in CC3! I'm also going to have to do at least a bit of hand drawing before I'm finished. Probably quite a lot, in fact

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Excellent work with the cliffs again Mouse!
    Aw thank you Bogie!

I'm really enjoying this map, and I'm looking forward to starting my oasis map along similar lines when I'm done with this one...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh and Tilt - I did that thing with the rock you were talking about. I hope you like it
    Looks great - a nice little detail. ... love the whole of it, only thing is that I think that the lakes are a bit dark and flat... personal opinion though
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks Tilt

I'm pleased you like my interpretation of your suggestion. I know what you mean about the reservoirs. I think I spent too long staring down into the deep dark waters of the Scottish lochs I saw a couple of years ago on my last holiday. I will have a think about them

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast