Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Travar (3-pt-perspective metropolis)

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

I used to love Earthdawn back in the day

Lovely Map you have there

Wow, ich bin echt beeindruckt, Steffen. Sieht fantastisch aus. Ein sehr inspirierender Stadt-Karten Stil. Ich hoffe wir sehen mehr davon!

If i can, I'll rep. you.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Wow. Just... wow. Words fail me.

Clean and beautiful lineart. Lovely color that conveys a strong atmosphere. This must've taken you ages! Gorgeous. I love it.

EDIT: Dangit, I can't rep you! If this isn't injustice I don't know what is.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

@DanielHasenbos: Thank you so much, Daniël! Maybe it will become a CC, would mean a lot to me =)

@Voolf: Thank you! =) Basically it works like this: You usually have the axes X, Y and Z in a 3-dimensional space. With 2-Point you use X and Z and set them to a point, therefore creating space. With 3-Point you even set the verticals (Y) to a point usually below or above the image. In normal 2-Point-Perspective those usually remain parallel. Hope this helps a bit. =)

@Obbehobbe: That is just alright with me, thanks

@vorropohaiah: Still have to play a game in this world, thank you!

@Eilathen: Danke dir! Ich denke von mir wird noch mehr in der Welt kommen

@Kelleri: It had taken ages, no worries there Thank you for both your kind comment and the attempted rep anyways!
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    @Voolf: Thank you! =) Basically it works like this: You usually have the axes X, Y and Z in a 3-dimensional space. With 2-Point you use X and Z and set them to a point, therefore creating space. With 3-Point you even set the verticals (Y) to a point usually below or above the image. In normal 2-Point-Perspective those usually remain parallel. Hope this helps a bit. =)
    It does, thanks for explanation.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Beautifully impressive, it's a phenomenal achievement.

If forced to an opinion I'd say the paper colour is a little bit too dark since it slightly obscures the incredible detail of the city. And the compass rose is lovely, but it would be nice to indicate which way is north.

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous
    If forced to an opinion I'd say the paper colour is a little bit too dark since it slightly obscures the incredible detail of the city. And the compass rose is lovely, but it would be nice to indicate which way is north.
    Thank you, Robulous! I made some prints a while back to ensure that this isn't the case later in printing the book and it woks fine. =)
    As for the compass - look closer, you will find all 4 directions there.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

That's a mind-blowing piece ! So full of details, so beautifully ornate ! This is going to be a winner in next year's Atlas Awards, that's for sure !

A question as I'm amazed by the amount of details, what was the size of the file you worked on ? And what do you work with ? A simple tablet or a cintiq like one ?

That's ridiculously awesome as Chashio said !

ThomasR, thank you so much for your comment and your thoughts on the Atlas Award - I'll keep my fingers crossed! =)

As for your questions: The file size actually was quite moderate. IIRC the file had about 4.1GB at its height and was 600dpi (I often work double of what I need so I can do larger prints) and A3 (not exactly 2x Letter-format, but it is comparable). I used a simple tablet as is the case with nearly all my digital work. I have a large WacomIntuos 4 I bought years ago while I was studying (it actually took all I had left at the time XD, in hindsight I would have gone for the medium one).

Again, thank you so much and best wishes to France! =)
    -Steffen
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Just incredible work, Steffen. I can't really add anything to what others have said. I only want to heap more praise on you! The border is fantastic and the city is layout is incredible. Just amazing work all round.

(I edited the title for you since it didn't seem to have been updated yet).
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast