Thread: Map Enthusiast and Publisher

Guild Novice

Default Map Enthusiast and Publisher

Hello! I am David. I live in Scotland, although I'm originally from Texas.

I've been a long time GM and map enthusiast. I've made plenty of hand drawn maps, back in the days when paper and pencil were all we had. I use GIMP a lot for photo editing, and want learn working with it for mapping.

I am a publisher. I run a small press, Guardbridge Books, publishing fantasy and science fiction, as well as plans for some non-fiction. I may have some paying jobs for people here in the future (indeed, that's what got me to register rather than just browse, which I've done for a while.) I'd be happy to post a link to my company, although I don't know if the moderators allow that here, and I don't want to break rules on my first post.

I have a PhD in History, so I've looked at a few maps in my studies.

I hope to get to know some of you.
    Last edited by Dabug; 06-23-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Welcome! There are a few of us in the UK, we should start a group

Welcome to the guild Dabug.

I don't think posting a link to your site would be a problem if it concerns a possible commission, or maps overall. If not here, then definately you can place it in Mapmaking requests subforum, where you can look for someone to draw maps for your magazine. I myself am interesed to hear more about that.

As for now i hope you will have good time in the guild.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Welcome Dabug, looking forward to work with you
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Guild Novice

Hi all! Good to meet you.

I didn't want to run afoul of any rules about advertising, or get accused of spamming. But it is relevant to my introduction and to the jobs I should have on offer in the future.

So here is a link to my small press. http://guardbridgebooks.co.uk The company is still quite new, and I only have a few titles out so far. I don't think I've posted anything about the coming ones which may have maps yet, although I will someday. You can take a look at the types of things I've done so far. I am kind of making a niche for non-traditional fantasy, with a number of things based on traditions from outside Europe.

I'll post more about commissions before long, although I'm trying to get established here (5 posts) first.

Welcome (from another newcomer as well), and I've just recently been in your part of the world. My wife and I have been living in St Andrews for the past 2 years and plan to return to finish her PhD probably by next summer (she's also doing history), so I recognised Guardbridge! What a small world we live in.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Haldron View Post
    Welcome (from another newcomer as well), and I've just recently been in your part of the world. My wife and I have been living in St Andrews for the past 2 years and plan to return to finish her PhD probably by next summer (she's also doing history), so I recognised Guardbridge! What a small world we live in.
    Yes, we will have to get in touch when you are back here.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild - we don't mind the occasional link if it is relevant and from a real member and not a bot ... so, join in, chat, comment and post your maps and you'll get access to a signature at some point (don't remember how many posts)

You can post your maps in a WIP thread for help and critique while you work on it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise