Thread: Two Maps Requested for a Homebrew 5e DnD Campaign - 1 World, 1 Major City

Map Two Maps Requested for a Homebrew 5e DnD Campaign - 1 World, 1 Major City

Hello all! I am a new-comer here so please forgive me if I do not provide adequate information - I will edit/add as needed.

I am going to be moving soon for a new job (hopefully) and will be looking to ingratiate myself by becoming a DM for a 5e DnD campaign, though building the world in and of itself is a wonderful artistic release. I have focused thus far on a small region, and in particular the core city where the campaign will begin and take place for most of the early stages. I have far more information and input available for this region than the rest of the world, which I would leave to the imagination of the cartographer that would like to take charge of this project for me (a couple of large continents would be nice, though).

Subject:
    A series of islands that form a north-south belt across the Silidun Ocean, the Worlis Archipelago is well-known throughout Phaelsivem (name of the world) as a significant barrier for naval expeditions seeking to cross the ocean. The largest island, Worledin, was settled roughly 150 years ago as a point of refuge for ships navigating the unpredictable - if not treacherous - waters that swirl in turmoil around the band of islands. The Archipelago was born by cataclysmic volcanic activity millennia ago; however, most of the islands are too small to support anything beyond small-to-moderate fishing villages. Today, Worledin is the capital city-island of a small but burgeoning "nation" that has become a beacon for the disenfranchised seeking a new start, as well as a newly budding destination for adventurous tourists.

Most of the islands are lush with rich vegetation and, in particular, beautiful wildflowers. Some of the islands rise to impressive peaks, and a few even have magnificent waterfalls. Worledin is the only fully-developed island, with the Archipelago's primary port and defensive walls that extend offshore as far as 400 feet at their furthest. Worledin's highest point of elevation is at its northern edge, the site of the volcano that spawned the island, which transitions into foothills briefly before settling into a relative flat area for the central and southern portions of the island.

More details about Worledin (the subject of the Major City map) will be made available to interested artists - though I can post those here if necessary.

Furthermore, as the campaign unfolds I would like to come back for more detailed maps of other parts of the world as an ongoing project.

Style:
    I cannot deny that Tolkien was and continues to be my original inspiration. I love the simple yet informative style of his maps, particularly for the World map. Colors are not needed (though if the artist would prefer to render the map with colors, I would not be opposed).

For the map of Worledin, I am looking for more detail, and I was thinking of something along these lines: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d372ae754a.jpg but with more labels.

Quality & Size:
    I would like these maps to be printable from a home printer.

Given that I am currently unemployed, I cannot offer to pay much at this point. I, therefore, cannot in good conscious request only the highest quality map (unless of course someone is so inspired by my description that they feel benevolent enough to create such a map for me). If/when (hopeful thinking) I get my job, I would be willing to negotiate payment for a better quality map, but this is not a sticking point for me.

Getting a visual representation of this world that has been floating around in my head is by far the most important thing for me, so if anyone would like to take this on free of charge I would absolutely be honored.

I do not have an impending deadline at this point, but the City map is needed sooner than the World map.

Copyright
    The artist will retain copyright of the maps. These are intended for a home game and personal enjoyment on my end, though I would like the option to have a discussion should the desire for a PDF arise in the future.

Contact Details
    Feel free to contact me at brianelgort@gmail.com.

Hi I make something like this
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/E6vaj
    Let me know if you are interested