Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bannarith: Seat of Empire

I love the look of this (and I for one like to see good use of the hachured style mountains )

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very, very nice map! Very clever, to play on the opacity of the mountains: the effect is truly magnificent: all the emphasis is on the political aspect of the map, while keeping the physical aspect. I find the coastline very beautiful, with this highlighting of colors, and the political boundaries in colors are magnificent: very good choice. The boxes also add to the authenticity ... really beautiful.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

This may not seem like a huge update, but my god the names... all the names...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bannarith7.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	97627  

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected joaodafi's Avatar

Yes, the names are in every way, much more laborious than they look, but man, this is very good. The only thing I did not see are the names of the rivers, but considering the amount of information, I do not really think it necessary, and even because there is not much space left for that right.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yeah, I don't think there's room for much more info. I am thinking about doing regional maps of a couple of areas, so more info would be presented there, for sure.

Love it!
    I would like to see a version without all the colors aka territorial markings (a non-political map, if you will ).

And regional maps....yes please!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

A beautiful map that reminds me a lot of historical examples. I think it has just enough detail to be evocative, but does not go too far on this large scale. I also like the names you came up with. I find this difficult, too, as you need to think of the people who dwell in a land and why they called something "The valley of Doom" etc. .

I don't have any comment except.. Wow. I'm stunned staring such work. Everything appears mastered the perfect way : shores shape, reliefs, colors used, transparent layers... and, god, the names.. What am I saying.. This crazy amount of well-fiting names !
    I can stay looking this map for hours. Congratulations sire.

This is fantastic!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

WOW again. This is so beautiful, you handle "all the names, names, names" so well, what a great example of how to treat text and the graphic elements (stripes, borders, rhumbs lines, desert texture etc.

Shoba Empire looks a little off for me? Not centered text or flush left/right - a little arbitrary? and maybe to much leading between Shoba and Empire?

Was wondering if all the cities are the same, the dots become a little dominant, is there one other hierarchy? (town instead of city for example?)

Great job

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast