Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alknoar and the Far Coast

Blog Entries

Very beautiful. Love them both.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Perfect. I wanted to write that i love your new style better than anything, but then i looked at your previous maps again and realized that would be false. Every map is so perfectly executed. It is an honour to see you maps !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Just a teeny-tiny little itty bitty bit more than a sketch.
    This is definitely one of my favorite maps from you, it's absolutely beautiful.
    Can't rep though.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Absolutely gorgeous, as always. I'm sorry, I really am unable to say anything smarter than that. I just freaking love your work, plain and simple.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Gorgeous map. Out of curiosity, what is a "sana?" Cult of monkey sanas piqued my interest

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Are you KIDDING ME, J.Edward?! How come you have so much output all the time, I can't even rep you!
    This is awesome! I like that you included the sketch, so much flair already. Well done!
    Visit me on ArtStation.

My apologies for late replies
    Got very sidetracked with work.
    Here goes round 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Gorgeous map, J! I love both versions - you should consider labeling the 'sketch' [it looks like a finished drawing to me, you sketch so beautifully]
    Thanks Chashio Maybe I will. Might be a nice example to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Sketch, you say?

Hmmm... I have some work to do! LOL!

Its more than repworthy, but you're working too fast for me to keep up again

I can still bookmark it for Atlas Award nomination, though
    Hehe, well, maybe a bit more than a sketch.
    Thank you Mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Looking great- lovely color scheme. When you sketch - what do you work on? paper, tablet or by the computer?
    Thank you Tilt
    Usually when I am sketching.. if I think I will be doing more to it afterwards, i have been sketching on loose pages of Neena paper which has a wonderful texture to it. When I got it, it was a low price add-on at amazon, but has since gone up. Sometimes I also sketch on Strathmore 300 series medium weight 9x12 which also has a nice texture and has a sort of creamy color.
    I sketch lightly with a 2H pencil and then go back over it with a 2B lead technical pencil in places.
    I do also sketch digitally. I use a Wacom Cintiq. Bought one years ago and just recently had to replace it.
    I sketch differently depending on what the end result is to be. But sketching on actual paper is my preference.
    I sit at a computer for far too long each day - it's nice to get away from my desk to sketch/draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    As usual, such a beautiful map! I find it softer than many others that you have made. It is undoubtedly the forests which add something less arid? In any case, it is beautiful!
    Thanks JO Yeah, I do often do these without trees, but wanted to get into adding them more.
    I have a client that I need to include some for, so this had a bit of motivational reason for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Splendid! I just don't know how you're doing those top-down mountains and thos incredible forests. You're a perfectionist and a master for details. You hand must be armored to do so many little waves and lines!
    Hehe, thank you Ilanthar
    My hands have gotten used to a lot of torture.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Awesome as always ! And the warmer color gives the impression of danger which is pretty awesome. A little request : would it be too much to ask to see a sample of forest and mountain and full res ?
    Thanks Thomas I like that - a sense of danger. That's good, as this region does actually have some conflicts going on.
    I will see what I can do regarding a sample.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Beautiful as always. Here's something about this piece that makes me like it even more than he rest of the maps you've put out lately. Very nice!
    Thanks Dan It is interesting to see which pieces motivate people more strongly.
    It is often not what you would think.

Now... round 2 begins!!! .....
    Quote Originally Posted by Creativetides View Post
    I love the forests and the detailed topography, but have you considered some large (or small) islands more remote and far of the coast.
    Thanks Creativetides
    Well, I have done a lot of islands, so ironically, i was actually trying not to overdo it with islands this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdventureDepot View Post
    Yea I am unable to rep you again

Just magical!
    Thanks AD and no worries on rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Very beautiful. Love them both.
    Thanks so much Ramah
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Perfect. I wanted to write that i love your new style better than anything, but then i looked at your previous maps again and realized that would be false. Every map is so perfectly executed. It is an honour to see you maps !
    Thank you Voolf
    That is a wonderful compliment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Just a teeny-tiny little itty bitty bit more than a sketch.
    This is definitely one of my favorite maps from you, it's absolutely beautiful.
    Can't rep though.
    Hehe, yes... maybe more than a sketch.... possibly.
    Thanks so much Josiah No worries on rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous, as always. I'm sorry, I really am unable to say anything smarter than that. I just freaking love your work, plain and simple.
    Thank you Kelleri
    Quote Originally Posted by steelmccoy View Post
    Gorgeous map. Out of curiosity, what is a "sana?" Cult of monkey sanas piqued my interest
    Thanks Steelmccoy
    I knew someone would ask me..
    Sometimes I throw out random things like.. Monkey Sanas.... I guess what I was thinking of was a sort of evolved monkey... not larger per se... but definitely smarter.
    They use tools and have rudimentary language. Sana as in evolved one, and some sense of ancient in there too.
    And they can think, so they can be even more dangerous and unscrupulous than your average monkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    Are you KIDDING ME, J.Edward?! How come you have so much output all the time, I can't even rep you!
    This is awesome! I like that you included the sketch, so much flair already. Well done!
    Hehe, I don't show even half of what I am working on either
    I think I do so much because i have so much in my head I am trying to get out and so little time in which to do it.
    Thanks Steffen

EDIT - I seriously wish we could use more than 10 emojis per post.
    Seriously.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

You know what I might love even more than the map? The atmosphere and setting and story you tell. A lot of people can draw maps, but not near as many can make them interesting and fresh. You do - consistently, every time.

A-maz-ing! Apparently I can't rep you again, yet but I did rate this thread as excellent!
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast