Thread: Modern Coastal City for World Of Darkness Campaign

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Help Modern Coastal City for World Of Darkness Campaign

Hi, all. I'm new to Cartographers Guild and am getting ready to be the Storyteller for a World of Darkness campaign in a few months. I'm looking to try and get a city wide map made of the fictional city the campaign is set in. City should be pretty dark and run down. I've tried looking for some premade maps that might work but haven't had any luck. I'll gladly take suggestions for those as well. Currently I don't have a functioning computer so I'm stuck using my office computer to make this inquiry. So using a software program to make my own is out of the question. I am willing to commission/pay! Ideally I'd like submaps of each neighborhood/territory as well.

City Name: Petersburg (Historically St. Petersburg) Nickname: Damnation City

Premise: Five years ago the Camarilla moved in and now it is slowly coming back from having gone to hell under Sabbat rule. Was thinking something similar to NYC or Gotham and it needs to have the following areas.

East Side - upper class residential and shopping district
    West Side - middle class residential and shopping
    Asiatown - is made up of a few blocks within Westside
    Entertainment District - mostly fancy clubs, art galleries and stadiums for concerts etc and some upper class 'adult' clubs, merges into "Old Town"
    Old Town/Historic Distric - mostly old historic buildings, libraries and museums, some artisinal restaurants, galleries etc, yuppie esque bars
    City Center - Houses a large park and several skyscrapers (40-72 stories) which merge into the financial district of highrises. Time Square esque.
    Financial District - think Wall Street
    Industrial Section - Mostly factories and sanitation facilities merges into the waterfront
    Waterfront - large shipping industry and warehouses, drainage etc
    Suburbs/Outskirts - typical suburbia, housing developments and cul de sacs etc, several parks and schools
    Sewers and Subways - City needs an extensive sewer and subway network
    Last edited by Adam Wright; 06-29-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Any examples on style you wish it done in and budget? Everything included on the same map?
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

The overall city map being a "google maps" style road map is perfect. Since the players can just pull those up on their phones "in character" when navigating around the city. As for budget that would depend on the quality of work. If all the maps are google maps esque of the city and it's different areas I'm comfortable spending up to a couple hundred. If things get really detailed and in depth and end up being gridded out maps of city blocks that the players can move on, well I'm not sure I can afford that lol.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Adam,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade