Greetings. I am building a time travel board game that will include several different versions (centuries) of the same map, and for the map I will be designing a city landscape. There seems to be an enormous amount of software in regards to civil engineering, landscape design, etc, and I am hoping to narrow down the list to fit a small budget (if not free). The type of map I want to create will be a few city blocks so I am hoping for some suggestions/recommendations. What I am looking for is software that can draw and detail houses, apartment buildings, stores, roads, streets, and terrain including rocks, trees, grassland, cliffs, etc. I would like the view to be an aerial shot 3d (almost 2d) as if someone was looking at an aerial (satellite) photo of a google map of a few city blocks. Could you please give me some suggestions on what direction I should go? I have glanced at galleries of a few software programs like sketchup, paint, etc but I wasn't sure if any of those will suit my needs yet.

..The following screenshot is a google map screenshot which is more or less exactly the quality I would like my map to look like, as if you were playing in a city.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (21).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	498.8 KB 
ID:	97159