Thread: Ruined Sci Fi City

Wip Ruined Sci Fi City

I got my account back!! Pretty happy about that. I posted this before but maybe in the wrong place.

This is part of my latest work for a Sci Fi campaign I'm working on. Its GIMP, Wilbur and the old city map generator.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SciFiCityWIP.png 
Views:	1030 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	97412

Here's the brush I made for making the craters. Maybe someone will get some work out of it.
    (well ok it would be that if I could figure out how to attach it :/ )

This was created with the Role-playing City Map Generator, then I cut the area out of my world map, scaled it up, then in to Wilbur, then cut a slice of the resulting regional map, and back to Wilbur. The buildings were then selected and I used the Mosiac filter set to squared and hexes to get the roof tops to look like that.

The premise is that a colony expedition was launched in 2087 to Tau Ceti. The party arrives and... find ruins. Turns out, this isn't Tau Ceti, and they're 800 years late...

I intend to make individual battle maps for each region of the city, but I'm a little bit unsure on the scale.

Also, I've been looking at google maps a bit ad seeing the taller buildings. Should the... depth I guess? be visible at this scale or lower? (more zoomed in)

That is an awesome map; thanks for sharing! There are so few scifi maps on any topic, and ruined cities are like hen's teeth. Have some rep!
    "I don't know half of you, half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo Baggins LoTR.