Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Murk Empire

Map Murk Empire

So, this is where i've been hiding the last months... the Murk Empire, an ancient, ruined Tiefling city inside a hollow "fallen star".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Murk_Empire_by_AbuLafia.jpg 
Views:	1229 
Size:	7.95 MB 
ID:	97465
    A private commission for a D&D campaign. Made in Krita and Gimp.

It was a lot of fun working on this map, since the client had very specific ideas about this place and its details but also gave me much room to let my creativity loose on it.

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,

AL
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

What an awesome map Abu. Just brilliant. I love absolutely everyting in it and the buildings are creating such a mysterious eerie atmosphere. I would love to play a campaign featuring this map.

Ah, and let's not forget about your mountains. Perfect style you have there.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Very nice. Fields of Flesh eh!

Wow Abu, just wow. This in an awesome map. I love it, really good work
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Great drawing as always. Colour-wise a little muddy for me, but at least they are pleasantly harmonic muddy colours

This is outstanding, love the atmosphere, the mountain rims are so well done, love the rope (intestine) bridges? real eery, and just enough of inhabitants elements to keep you guessing of what's going on. so rep worthy!

Nicely done Abu
    It is murky and dank and dark and very foreboding. nods.
    You always bring such fresh twists on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    What an awesome map Abu. Just brilliant. I love absolutely everyting in it and the buildings are creating such a mysterious eerie atmosphere. I would love to play a campaign featuring this map.

Ah, and let's not forget about your mountains. Perfect style you have there.
    Thanks a lot for the nice feedback Voolf, greatly appreciated! It's great to hear it makes you want to play there

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    Very nice. Fields of Flesh eh!
    Thanks Robulous! Names are chosen by the client btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Barek333 View Post
    Wow Abu, just wow. This in an awesome map. I love it, really good work
    Thank you Barek, i appreciate it a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Great drawing as always. Colour-wise a little muddy for me, but at least they are pleasantly harmonic muddy colours
    Many thanks Mouse! I know you like brighter and clearer colours. I wanted to create an underground atmosphere of a place abandoned for aeons here and the parchment texture plays its part in the muddiness too.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    This is outstanding, love the atmosphere, the mountain rims are so well done, love the rope (intestine) bridges? real eery, and just enough of inhabitants elements to keep you guessing of what's going on. so rep worthy!
    Thanks a lot snodsy! In the first sketch i went with a sort of steep and "clean" plateau cliff, but decided a ring of mountains would make a good defensive fortification too (and i just love to draw them, you know... ). The "ropes" or "vines" were maybe the most fun part to draw. I started with the idea of giant roots/vines coming from the forest, but i played around with other colours and found the intestinal touch adds a lot to the gruesome character of the place XD

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Nicely done Abu
    It is murky and dank and dark and very foreboding. nods.
    You always bring such fresh twists on things.
    Thank you John! The concept and ideas came mostly from the client, but i also felt from the moment he approached me, that the whole crazy thing is exactly what i'd love to draw.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

This is really good, Abu. I love all the details, and the buildings look great.

Also, I really like the style you've developed over the years I've seen your work on CG. It's become very unique and enjoyable.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I like it! And it's instantly recognizable as 'An Abu', so your style seems to be clear and consistent. I always enjoy your precise, clean linework.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast