Thread: Hello from Bain

Map Hello from Bain

Hello, I go by Bain, I have played D&D since I bought the original Rules Encyclopedia for 1st edition (for $1 at a yard-sail when I was 12) and over the years have created numerous maps, both dungeon maps and town's & cities (as my players kept needing more and more and advanced through 2nd edition and 3-3.5, soon I created an entire continent, one in which I am currently writing a book about.... if I ever get it done) as I grew as a map maker though I realized if ONLY my small group was using them then all that work was for very little gain. So I found the Cartographers Guild and decided to join, hopefully I can figure out how to get them on here (I use plain paper and free hand all my work....I don't even use a ruler ). I hope someone will be able to use them somewhere in the D&D worlds or for that matter use them for whatever game session you need them for as I don't usually put a legend with the map (I don't want my players seeing whats what till they figure it out) I have them on a separate page for my reference, and will also try to post them with the map where/when possible. Is it ok that i post them here (and not use a program to create them before posting)? Here is an example of a couple of my maps....again I hope this works as its my first time trying to post anything here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City 1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	97803 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINN.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	97807
    Last edited by Bain; 07-23-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Hi Bain and welcome!

This is fantastic work and kinda amazing for freehand drawing! Please post them in Finished Maps, as not everyone looks at the intro threads, and these definitely deserve to be seen by more eyeballs.

Have some rep for these and I'll look forward to seeing more of your work.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks you for the compliment, I'll see about getting them posted in the Finished Maps thread.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Two very pretty maps !
    The result of a lot of work and a lot of patience!
    Your players are lucky to have such a precise and attentive cartographer!
    I hope to see other maps drawn by your hand soon!

Nice maps!
    Welcome to the Guild, Bain!

Praise

I hope you continue to post your work. I really like the hand-drawn style, it's really quite inspiring stuff.