Thread: Map for Fantasy Novel

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Map Map for Fantasy Novel

I am in the process of writing a fantasy novel and would like to work with a map artist to help create the world.

This would be a paid? I will pay a small fee upon completion of the map TBD, and there will be further payment if the novel gets published TBD.

Not only would this be the creation of a map but also a bit of world building as well. I will supply the form work and a large amount of it will be left up to you.

I want a digital format, something along the lines of PSD file. Something that will retain the layers when opened in photoshop.

This would be an entire world, not just a continent or region. The map will be intended to be printed in a book but it needs to be high enough resolution to allow me to zoom in to a specific region without losing information.

I really like the maps from sellswordmaps.com especially the Erenoth map

I currently do not have a set time frame for completion but would like it before the end of the year. It will help to determine distances and travel time in my novel.

I can discuss more details about the map and story with those who PM me.

The artist would have the right to use the map for personal use, blog, youtube channel etc. but cannot use it for commercial gain, and cannot be sold. I will retain the right to reproduce the image however I see fit. Credit will be given to the artist in the book and all reproduction of it. A lump sum royalty will be paid to the artist if the book gets published.

You can message me at dtp81390(at)gmail(dot)com
    Last edited by Denis Pohlman; 07-24-2017 at 02:20 PM.

The link is not working and somehow I can't find it on Google either.

I have updated the link in the original post. it works when i click on it now

Hi Denis, unfortunately you can't use the site's PM system until you've made five comments (an anti-spam measure). You'll either need to leave a few more comments around the Guild or provide an email address where people can reach you.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Just a small point, but no one can PM you until you have made 5 comments, Denis.

Maybe if you give interested parties your email address, like this:

name(at)mailname(dot)com (the important bit being to not actually create a hyperlink directly to your personal email address )

EDIT: ninjad by ChickPea

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Just a small point, but no one can PM you until you have made 5 comments, Denis.

Maybe if you give interested parties your email address, like this:

name(at)mailname(dot)com (the important bit being to not actually create a hyperlink directly to your personal email address )

EDIT: ninjad by ChickPea

If you click on my name and click send email. I have enabled that anyone can email me directly. So no need to PM me in the forum. I will place my email in the Original post.

Default Taken

This job has been taken.