Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wasn't it 3 posts??

Our five posts rule isn't so much to incentivize people to post. It's more 'prove you're not a spammer and have benign intentions'. It used to be that new members could post in the forums right away, but the spam levels were getting to be beyond a joke and something had to be done. Excessive spam kills forums, so the five posts moderation rule was put in place.

I know it's frustrating when you want to dive right in, but you can't cos you're waiting on someone approving you. However, we feel that forum spam sucks more, and for most people, the approval process is a minor inconvenience that they move beyond within their first few days (or hours) of membership.

You've got six comments now, so as soon as the server runs its script to update memberships, you'll have all privileges. It might take up to an hour (though likely less) and then you can do and see what you want.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I agree, this is kinda limiting for benign users.
    I tried to contact someone on the facebook page to get approved, but didn't work
    I wanted to commision some work and be able to PM users... but it's been hard.

ChickPea, I think you guys are doing a great job moderating these forums! Five posts isn't too much (besides, you don't have to make five comments to get your message to show up, you just have to bear with a little delay until it's approved).

We often take for granted the nice experience of browsing through all these conversations without having to see even a single spam post, but that doesn't come for free. So thanks to everyone who spends their time and effort to make this an awesome place!

*chuckle*

It does make me laugh when people start moaning about the anti-spam measures, but the truth is the people who complain would probably be the first to abandon this site if it was even just half as spammed as some of the other forums I've seen

Three cheers for the Community Leaders!

But seriously, some forums are so easily invaded by trolls! I was surprised when I came across this one. Like, really. Some forums are entirely made out of spam.

Anyone here has been on the Deviant Art forums?
    Just go check for a minute to see what a forum can become with no moderation.

I think DA is a awesome place as long as you stay away from the forums and the bad people.

No, I didn't even know DA had forums. I use it to follow artists and favourite their work. DA functionality is kind of too broad and shallow though, I think they could do with some revision of their system in general, not just moderating the forums.

I really don't understand why people complain about having to make 5 posts before getting full access to the forum. As many people already pointed out, this place is completely(!) free of spam. I've been here since 2015 and never came across a post that doesn't belong here. As I understand it, the 5 posts rule is for the most part the reason for that, together with the wonderful management of the Admins and Community Leaders.

Making 5 posts isn't that hard either. I mean, just find the first 5 threads in the finished map section and say "This looks good!". Before you know it you have full access. I don't get why anyone would make a big deal out of it...

I didn't even have to go on the Finished Map threads. Five posts is nothing. In a day (or two) I was free as a bird!

Guild Apprentice

Default Chemin Sucrera

As someone still on their first five, I don't mind. You gotta keep out spam and from the looks of it you guys are doing a good job. (Nor am I a fan of unmoderated wilds. DA is indeed a scary place!) If I need to do something to prove I'm not spamming, this isn't painful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast