Thread: forum rule question

Question forum rule question

i found a map online for some video game, i love the style and was hoping to get peoples takes on how and what medium the map was created with. its most likely copy righted material can i post a link to it without violating the law or forum rules?

I don't think there are any laws or site rules against hyperlinking to another page for cartographically relevant referencing purposes (as long as its family material, of course )

Its how the rest of us share reference material with each other

I'm not a Community Leader or an Admin, though, so I won't be offended if you wait for that to be confirmed by one who is

this is literally my most favorite website, i dont wanna get banned.

Hey its ok - I understand.

When I first joined I was one for seeking a relevant authority for things I wasn't sure about.

You really haven't offended me - please don't worry!

With any luck a CL will be along to say its ok before too much longer

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I don't see why that would be a problem. Post away.

any idea the proper forum on here to post that sort of thing?

There you go, Spiderfate

In case you are wondering how to tell who's what around here, a Community Leader is our equivalent of a 'Moderator plus' ('plus' because they do a heck of a lot more around here than most site Mods - like run award systems and Challenges and so on).

And you can see what people are by the title above the avatar image

EDIT: I would say the best place to post that kind of question is in the How Do I? forum, since you will presumably be asking how to make a map like this:...

EDIT2: If its just a discussion piece, though, a thread in the General Discussion forum would probably be more appropriate?
    Last edited by Mouse; 02-10-2018 at 04:15 PM.

right on, thanks a bunch