Thread: The trouble with orcs - a small dungeon crawl

Default The trouble with orcs - a small dungeon crawl

I'm starting a new face-to-face 5e project and I needed to some up with something fairly small, but fairly quickly. After a bit of tinkering I finally decided to blow the dust off of the stone floor tile pattern I made a while back and put it to use. I'm happy to say that it worked out just about how I wanted it to. Then I pulled out some of Torstan's free 100px tiles and started filling things in. Soon enough, I had exactly what I was looking for: Quick, small, and concise. Perfect for a one-session adventure.

I'd love to hear some feedback.

-IG
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeon.png 
Views:	281 
Size:	774.1 KB 
ID:	98070

That's a really cool layout. It reminds me a lot of the card tiles from the old Warhammer Quest game, was that what you were going for?

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    That's a really cool layout. It reminds me a lot of the card tiles from the old Warhammer Quest game, was that what you were going for?
    I've never heard of Warhammer Quest, so I suppose not. This seems like a fairly common style though, probably because it's pretty easy to lay out. Thanks for the comment!

-IG

Nice map, just exactly what you need for a game session. I've never been a fan of the White Doors on maps but otherwise it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Nice map, just exactly what you need for a game session. I've never been a fan of the White Doors on maps but otherwise it looks great.
    Thanks. I don't know why I always do the white doors. I guess it comes from starting out trying to mimic the all the maps in Dungeon Magazine way back when... I might actually get to run this one pretty soon though. I've renamed it "The Death Tinker." Some low-level orc shaman trying to create some undead and just making a mess of things. Should be good for a few hours of fun.

-IG

I don't know if anyone is interested, but here's the accompanying adventure I wrote to go with this map. It's not WotC quality or anything, and some of the random encounters are incomplete, but it's enough to get you through an evening. I've also got encounter statistics for parties of 3, 4, or 5, just to make it easy.

The file a compressed .one file, so you'll need Microsoft OneNote to open it. I've recently discovered that OneNote is about the best campaign management software ever. But that's a discussion for another forum. Hope you like it!

-IG
    Attached Files Attached Files