Thread: The Cosmopolis Plateau

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map The Cosmopolis Plateau

Concept map illustration for the in-development-game Star Chaser Story, based on the same world as this map I did over a year ago.

The perspective isn't always perfectly fitting, but all in all this was a great project to work on and allowed me to try a number of new techniques and approaches. Enjoy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cosmopolis Plateau.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	98198

Very impressive in its finished form. I love the little birds

Sorry - repped you too recently!

Very nice work on this! I love the World Tree. It looks great. Can't rep you either. Obviously you've making too many good maps lately!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Beautiful map ! If I had one minor remark, it would be about the different line works for terrain and building, but that's nitpicking

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As I told you, I think it's really a very impressive work on the details: the buildings are very well designed and very creative in their architecture!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Very impressive in its finished form. I love the little birds

Sorry - repped you too recently!
    Thank you, Mouse. Yes, the birds were a late addition. Just like the whale or the dolphins their point was to add a few lively elements to the otherwise rather static expanses of the jungle and the ocean.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Very nice work on this! I love the World Tree. It looks great. Can't rep you either. Obviously you've making too many good maps lately!
    Well, I need a vacation, so maybe if I limit my weekly hours on the job that can be remedied.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Very nice job!
    Thank you, Francesca.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Beautiful map ! If I had one minor remark, it would be about the different line works for terrain and building, but that's nitpicking
    Thank you, Thomas. Yes, that lineart/no lineart divergence is an issue, but in the end I made the conscious decision to leave things as they were as the alternative would have been to retrace all already established 3d elements anew. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    As I told you, I think it's really a very impressive work on the details: the buildings are very well designed and very creative in their architecture!
    Thank you, JO, very glad that you like them.