Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: August/September 2017 Challenge: O'Gray's Pearls

Aw thank you, Red

I think I may be on the brink of working out the projected grid.... sort of.... graphically rather than mathematically, that is

Bubble universe(s) ? This is fun !
    Very promising start, Mouse.

I got a headache trying to work out where the axis intersected the skin of the sphere I couldn't see, so I cheated and imported a skeleton sphere I made in Sketchup and rendered in isometric view (parallel perspective).

So, even though it doesn't look all that helpful, this is the 'grid' I'll be basing all my spherical maps on... in...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isometric sphere.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.74 MB 
ID:	98309

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Bubble universe(s) ? This is fun !
    Very promising start, Mouse.
    Thank you, Ilanthar

I've never been so confused about mixed perspectives in all my life! LOL!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Urgggg.... math make Diamond head hurt bad...

But I'm sure you'll work it out to your satisfaction and that it will be glorious.

Mathematical hangover?

Mouse recommends a stiff drink after math

Thanks again, D - I'm already puzzling my way through the first draft.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Yeah, math and I don't get along at all. I feel like the character Gizzit the Gobbo from my map thread whenever I try to do math.

But this does look promising. I have a feeling I have no chance in this competition..lol

Thanks, Tony

LOL! That's funny. I feel like I'm way out of my depth with this one, and I've simply no idea what to do next. I know what I want it to look like. Its just the 'getting it there' bit that's floored me for the moment

Mouse, you're British, surely it should be mathS? This is going to look spectacular, I think. Although shouldn't the thread be renamed to Ogrit's orbs?

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Thank you, Wingshaw

I haven't decided what to call it yet, but there's still plenty of time. I might have to do a sort of mid-thread restart with a better name for everything and a better back story

As for Math(s)...

If this was only a national website based in the UK, I would have said 'maths', but its not, and I'm generally very easy going about English/American vocabulary differences since I once had an American boyfriend. Even if I hadn't, who am I to argue with an entire country about the particular spelling of a word just because they say it differently to the way wot I was learned to say it

EDIT: Anyway - the US/UK differences are absolutely nothing at all, when you consider that "Put wood in'toil, lass" is just as good as "Shut the door, girl" without going anywhere outside the UK
    Last edited by Mouse; 08-07-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast