So I'm trying to learn the Paizo Publishing Starfinder Roleplaying Game starship building rules in order to convert my dozens of previously designed starship deck plans to make them as available products. Interestingly compared to hard sci-fi games like Traveller RPG, Starfinder is definitely "science fantasy". Where Traveller is a resource dependent and managing game system where you need to constantly track your credits (money) and fuel. On a Traveller ship it takes vast amount of hydrogen fuel in vast fuel tanks that take up 50% or more of the interior space of a ship design, and that amount of fuel is only enough to keep your starship active for 2 weeks at maneuver speed, plus a single FTL jump, before you need to find a hydrogen rich sun or gas giant to scoop more fuel to process - which is when you run into encounters with other beings in space. Starfinder relies on a Power Core, or core tap reactor that essentially never runs out of fuel, so refueling is not an aspect of Starfinder - you'll have fuel for innumerable FTL jumps and years of ship's power, so it's a completely different mindset. It's almost fueled by "handwavium".

In learning rules, I needed to create some extra technology and categories that Starfinder didn't include. For one ships are scaled from "small" (20 to 60 feet long) to "colossal" (up to 5 Km long), however, one of the available player races is the Ysoki (ratlings) that stand about 3 to 4 feet tall. So I didn't need a large ship, and in fact custom designed this 4 person ship specifically for Ysoki, and decided to build the ship on a Diminutive frame (less than 20 feet long), which defies the rules, but that's okay. Also, I wanted cloaking shields which is pretty standard fare in sci-fi games, but seems to have been left out in Starfinder technology.

Here's the star ship stats as per Starfinder. The name of the ship incidentally, I wanted to have a "stealth" flavor, and since rogues are a D&D/Pathfinder thing, but not a Starfinder thing as a player class, I decided to use the name Rogue to describe it. To be funny though, in so many RPG game threads on Facebook game communities, many threads about Rogues are misspelled as Rouge, so I named this craft the Rouge Rogue!

Rouge Rogue Tier 7
Ysoki Rogue class Stealth Starship
Speed 14; Maneuverability perfect; Drift 1
AC 24; TL 23
HP 20 (increment 5); DT –; CT 4
Shields light 60 (forward arc 15, port arc 15, starboard arc 15, aft arc 15)
Attack (Forward) 2 light particle beams, medium, 3d6
Attack (Port) -
Attack (Starboard) -
Attack (Aft) Micromissile battery; long; +4 modifier; damage 2d6; array limit 5
Power Core Pulse Red (PCU 175); Drift Engine Signal Basic;
Systems Mk 7 armor, Mk 5 trinode, Mk 6 defenses, biometric locks security, advanced long range
sensors, cloaking shield, crew quarters common
Expansion Bays small cargo hold
Modifiers +5; Complement 4

CREW (Ysoki only)
Captain Computers +X (7 ranks); Engineering +X (7 ranks); Gunnery +X (7 ranks); Diplomacy +X (7 ranks)
Engineer Engineering +X (7 ranks); Mechanic (saboteur)
Pilot Piloting +X (7 ranks); Operative
Science Officer Computers + (7 ranks)
Ship Size Diminutive; 15’ wide x 19’ long; weight 3 tons; AC/TL modifier +4

Of course I use Xara Designer Pro, my preferred vector drawing program. The hull exterior however is a 3D model designed in Wings 3D and rendered in Daz 3D.

Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rouge-rogue.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	473.6 KB 
ID:	98803