Thread: Request for top down wall elements

Default Request for top down wall elements

Anyone have any good top down walls (not isometric) that are free for use? I'd appreciate it.
    Webmaster and head designer of The World of Farland: A World conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin.

www.farlandworld.com

Is there nothing in the mapping resources forum?

What kind of walls are you thinking of?

What program do you use? Some, like DundJinni, CC3 and Mapforge create their own walls out of textures, while others such as Photoshop & Gimp could use texture Brushes or premade wall elements.

I use photoshop. I am looking for realistic top-down walls without heavy shadows. I glanced around the forum but nothing jumped out at me.
    Webmaster and head designer of The World of Farland: A World conquered by evil and ruled by the Lords of Sin.

www.farlandworld.com

Strikes me that I am being an idiot. I want top down city or castle walls with wall towers. Sorry.

www.farlandworld.com

There are a few ready made sets of that kind of thing over at the Mapforge forum (terms of use for all their graphics can be viewed here), but if you are a PS user you could probably find a few decent textures at textures.com and very quickly texture paint a few of your own if none of them are quite right for you? After all - a straight top down wall is little more than a strip of texture with a rather tall shadow on one side

There are 2 different sets at Mapforge Forums, the ones Mouse linked to at MapForge, which are my Favorite ones. And another set that is more basic, also at Mapforge MAPFORGE Castle Set2

Great! Thanks so much.

www.farlandworld.com