Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Ward of Chiezbehrg [City of Guild]

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Thanks JO
    Loh is for the character of a member named Chops.
    Your character is Zvotzoel Va #47
    It sort of came from Swiss... Switz... Svitz and JO... Joel... Zoel and then of course some of it is just fun ways to say stuff and to make it sound more foreign and faraway... so Va on the end. Zvitzoel Va. ;P

Wow! I am really honored by this important title (and the magnificent house that goes with) ! I know that my origin suggests that I am able to manage a budget, unfortunately it is a very distorted information ... I am afraid that Guild City's finances will suffer in a short time. I can assure you, however, of zero corruption, but I can not guarantee you a sufficient rate of return to sustain our beautiful city in the long run. But before the inevitable final bankruptcy, I promise you very beautiful and very expensive infrastructures, grand festivals and the eradication of poverty (over a very short period)!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

great work on this. I particularly love the shadows

Spectacular in so many ways... I simply love it .
    Plus, I love my house (it seems pretty big, central, and fortunately, not so close to Wally's grasp !)

Guild Adept

Wonderfull work!!! really great!

Guild Novice

Think I'm going to have to start following your works. Another beautifully detailed city map, well done.

Wonderful city John and one more to inspire me. I'll have to study it closely but it'll sure teach me a lot. And thanks for job (though, you might regret it if you saw my hand writing) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Fantastic map John! Great detail and layout. Whenever I see a great City or Town Map my first thought is always,,, How do I get my players into this town. Must find a way.

Wonderful job with the twisted names, and above all else, Sir Bogramal appreciates the noble title!

Squire! Fetch my pen-knife! I have a Dragon to slay,,, Oh Look! A Squirrel.....................
    Hehe, my pleasure Sir B
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    How dare you sir! I'm only a grifter if I'm caught! And my house is the bomb - I've got a yard and everything!

Seriously man, this is some top-drawer stuff. I can only grind my teeth to powder with envy.
    I figured you might enjoy the view from your formidable tower of cold iron [grrrrrr]
    I have to apologize for putting you so close to the courts and all the shouting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Absolutely stunning work on this John. I love your city maps! And thanks for giving me number 16. looks like a nice place
    You have a prime spot on the plaza
    Very nice afternoon light and easy access to The Supreme Residence and District 11.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Wow! I am really honored by this important title (and the magnificent house that goes with) ! I know that my origin suggests that I am able to manage a budget, unfortunately it is a very distorted information ... I am afraid that Guild City's finances will suffer in a short time. I can assure you, however, of zero corruption, but I can not guarantee you a sufficient rate of return to sustain our beautiful city in the long run. But before the inevitable final bankruptcy, I promise you very beautiful and very expensive infrastructures, grand festivals and the eradication of poverty (over a very short period)!
    Hehee We will have interesting times in the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    great work on this. I particularly love the shadows
    Thanks Nate You're in there, in case you missed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Spectacular in so many ways... I simply love it .
    Plus, I love my house (it seems pretty big, central, and fortunately, not so close to Wally's grasp !)
    haha, Wally is just looking at the damage done by his big sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akae View Post
    Wonderfull work!!! really great!
    Thanks Akae. I will have to make a character for you down in the dark undergrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by SevasTra View Post
    Think I'm going to have to start following your works. Another beautifully detailed city map, well done.
    Thanks Sevas Hopefully you will be well entertained.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Wonderful city John and one more to inspire me. I'll have to study it closely but it'll sure teach me a lot. And thanks for job (though, you might regret it if you saw my hand writing)
    Thank you Thomas
    Hehe, maybe you have developed a special script or writing system that makes your scrivening more easy or readable.

This is absolutely stunning J.Edward. It is gentle on the eye, but has enough detail to keep you glued to it for ages. It has an extremely high stareabilityness* to it. It's fun to just 'wander' the streets with the eyes.

I think Wally has been to assassin school, he's learnt to hide in full sight

*If it isn't a word then it is now!

EDIT: Sorry I can't praise this enough but the more time I spend doing so the less time I spend looking at it
    Last edited by Straf; 08-09-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    This is absolutely stunning J.Edward. It is gentle on the eye, but has enough detail to keep you glued to it for ages. It has an extremely high stareabilityness* to it. It's fun to just 'wander' the streets with the eyes.

I think Wally has been to assassin school, he's learnt to hide in full sight

*If it isn't a word then it is now!

EDIT: Sorry I can't praise this enough but the more time I spend doing so the less time I spend looking at it
    I do a bunch of street wandering as I make these maps.
    I always like to imagine and plan what they look like at street level and who lives there.
    Most of these streets have 2,3, even 4 level buildings.
    Some possibly higher. And lower... what with basements and sewers .....
    and deep dark underbellies of crime and graft and illicit trade in dubious cheese of questionable provenance.

Oh, did you find your character? It is not an easy one to discern, I'm afraid.
    But, it was a fun one.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast