Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ward of Chiezbehrg [City of Guild]

Map The Ward of Chiezbehrg [City of Guild]

I can not tell you how glad I am to be done with this section.
    I almost bit off too much on this and it took a lot longer than planned.
    And this is not actually the version I was planning to make.
    Maybe I will make another version, if time allows at some point.

Anyhow, I did really enjoy this project, Guild City, and I'm glad we had so many people join in.
    I hope everyone will finish at some point. Same with all of the Guild World countries.
    If you recall, I was putting many guild members into this section.
    Now I have all of them in. I know i forgot one thing though, which is sad because I have no desire to correct it right now.
    I forgot to add the label for the monastery of the Casein Monks, those peaceful pontificators of cheese, masters of the whey.
    I'll try to get that in there later.

This was a weird map, due to the odd section shape and not having enough data to show neighboring sections' details.
    Still, I think it may have come out ok. I had fun with the names.
    I should probably put a text list of who is who on the map. Maybe I will let people try to figure it out.
    That might be fun. Might also be quite difficult for some.
    I was not able to get everyone's name in. I tried to include those who had worked on Guildworld or Guildcity.

I tried to make names fun and tongue in cheek humor. Nothing is meant to offend anyone.
    There will be more and further info over in the Guild city thread.
    Regarding further mapping for Chiezbehrg, such as the sewers, which I have already begun [because I am insane].

Anyways, here's the map of the Ward of Chiezbehrg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ward of Chiezbehrg [Guildcity] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	2834 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	98355
    Last edited by J.Edward; 08-07-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Beautiful. Nice to see it finished, i was thinking maybe you totaly forgot about this great ward of Cheeseburger.... ekhm sorry i ment Chiezbehrg
    And Wally is there !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I think there is a tendency among mappers to care a lot about sewers and other accessible infrastructure type things, or just anything hidden, perhaps more so than is necessary. Looking forwards to see what you come up with there as well . I've been dreaming about sewers for my section as well even though I still got a ways to go to even just get the main part done.

Fantastic work J. Edward. That is one hell of a dense map, I love it. And I can't complain about the accommodations

"Also Olof Vool, Swordsman and accountant" may be the best job combination ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Beautiful. Nice to see it finished, i was thinking maybe you totaly forgot about this great ward of Cheeseburger.... ekhm sorry i ment Chiezbehrg
    And Wally is there !
    YES - Wally I am glad Chashio brought Wally into this project.
    I know, right - I was not sure when I was going to finish, but I never forgot about it.
    Did you notice your character in there? A hint... Falconius said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I think there is a tendency among mappers to care a lot about sewers and other accessible infrastructure type things, or just anything hidden, perhaps more so than is necessary. Looking forwards to see what you come up with there as well . I've been dreaming about sewers for my section as well even though I still got a ways to go to even just get the main part done.

Fantastic work J. Edward. That is one hell of a dense map, I love it. And I can't complain about the accommodations

"Also Olof Vool, Swordsman and accountant" may be the best job combination ever.
    [^^^ That is Voolf's character ]
    I assume you can find your character. If not, let me know.
    Part of my reason for sewers, beyond that everyone likes them [as do I], was that there are things below the sewers, so..
    we needed to go down... and down... and down, as it were.
    Oh, and thanks Falconius

Mine was easy, and Diamonds and Voolf's and yours, and a couple of others, beyond that though I'm lost

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Did you notice your character in there? A hint... Falconius said it.
    I did not realize it was our nicknames twisted. How NEAT !
    HAHA thanks for this awesome combination ! It is actually quite accurate as i always strugge/fight with numbers

I will give it a more close look to check the others' occupations
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Looks amazing, John. I'm glad you finished this, not only because it is a tremendous work of art, but also because it might encourage some of the lazier members of the guild project to finish their own sections (I am, of course, pointing the finger firmly at myself there).

Incidentally, I wonder what strange things take place in the Whisper Wood? No doubt Aores the Silent performing unspeakable rituals? Let's hope the students in the College of Lawyery aren't in any danger...

Wingshaw

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As the WIP predicted, the end result is absolutely beautiful!
    It is incredible the gift you have to make your maps alive. I still have not understood if it was by the colors, the shadows, the details, the line ... it's probably the combination of all that. But in any case, it is a real pleasure to discover your work every time. As Falconius, I got lost in the names, apart from those that are quite obvious ... but it's not important : I laughed while reading the charges and jobs of everyone!
    Thank you for this work! I hope it will revitalize Guild City and we will soon have a great and beautiful city!

edit : unless, this Loh, of Norihopp and Faraway is remotely related to me ?

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

A wonderful map and great idea regarding all the names!

Super impressive! Looks like one of those maps you can keep going back to and finding new details in.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast