Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: August September 2017 Challenge: The Prince's rapt

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh dear - I am so sorry, Jo - my bad!
    Why ? You helped a lot with the ISO thing !
    The zooming question was there ISO or not ISO... I just have to find the right balance between the buildings and the characters... I'll figure it out

Oh I just feel like that came out a bit like I was trying to... *Mouse tucks chin to chest and pulls serious face at self - taking the mick of her own words*... 'lay down the rules!' so to speak.

I'm soooory! I didn't mean it to come out like that at all - no way! LOL!

I agree with Falconius that it looks a lot better in ordinary perspective, but I suppose it depends how the mood takes you

Looking forward to another great 'Jo Special'

I don't think you have anything to be sorry for Mouse. You've got a really sharp eye.

My dislike for iso is a recently developed thing. I've been dealing with iso views a lot since I've gotten into this 3D stuff, so I'm constantly switching back and forth between perspective views and iso views and when you do that you start to notice how ugly it looks in comparison, I think. The problem with isometric is that it's so damn useful.

Oh I just feel like that came out a bit like I was trying to... *Mouse tucks chin to chest and pulls serious face at self - taking the mick of her own words*... 'lay down the rules!' so to speak.

I'm soooory! I didn't mean it to come out like that at all - no way! LOL!

I agree with Falconius that it looks a lot better in ordinary perspective, but I suppose it depends how the mood takes you

Looking forward to another great 'Jo Special'
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I don't think you have anything to be sorry for Mouse. You've got a really sharp eye.

My dislike for iso is a recently developed thing. I've been dealing with iso views a lot since I've gotten into this 3D stuff, so I'm constantly switching back and forth between perspective views and iso views and when you do that you start to notice how ugly it looks in comparison, I think. The problem with isometric is that it's so damn useful.
    I have litterally zero problems with your remarks and comments, I'm glad you both underlined this point, because I wouldn't want to bend the rule of the challenge (moreover without knowing it), and thanks to you both, I've learned the differences between an ISO view and a perspective view.... So it's really all good !

Thanks again !

Update on this map...

I have done the roofs, and begin the linework over the Sketchup plan...
    I think I'll have to work on the pavement too, because I think it's in perspective and I have to try to make it in ISO (I admit that if it's too ugly, I'll keep the perspective one....)

Anyway, it's moving ahead...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The prince s rapt 04.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	9.36 MB 
ID:	98521

Wow! You've brought it to life

You probably know this already, but you can hide the lines you don't want to see on those rooftops if you like

You can hide all of them if you want to draw your own on top of the render.

Wow! You've brought it to life

You probably know this already, but you can hide the lines you don't want to see on those rooftops if you like

You can hide all of them if you want to draw your own on top of the render.
    Thanks Mouse ! i didn't knew that... But it doesn't disturb me, I'm drawing all the lines myself, to adjust some architectural default, and to make less "straight"...

It's looking very nice and promising, already.

I see you're doing things the way I use to do it in the beginings... If you don't want to have diagonal lines on your roofs, I have two advices : use more of the push/pull button (do a triangle upon the side of a building, then pull it to do the entire roof, for exemple) & do more models (once you have one roof or standard shape, like a round tower, you'll be able to use it and change its size/final shape easily with the scale button).

A new update... Still drawing lines, and it's not finished.

I was able to draw three characters... but they are so small...

I let the Sketchup layer just to see the shadows, but I will erase it after

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The prince s rapt 05.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	10.69 MB 
ID:	98698

Oooo.... you're doing those lovely little figures you do so well

I love the way you bring a map to life. Looking forward to the rest of it

I notice that the individual flagstones are a bit on the large side, compared to the figures. Is that something you can still adjust at this stage?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast