Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: August September 2017 Challenge: The Prince's rapt

I think you were right to make the cart a little larger, Jo

I could offer a few suggestions with the English, but I do have to warn you that my punctuation is actually rubbish!

Let me know by PM?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

So... there must be a curse of some sort on this Challenge... After some of us throwing the towel due to a lack of time, some accidents for computers, and some sickness, I had my share of bad luck too : 2 weeks ago, I broke my back (herniated disc, says google trad...) So, I can barely walk or sit since that day... and I try to stay on a horizontal position as often and long as I can.
    The bright side of this (always look at the bright side !) is that I have plenty of time to be on the forum, and look at the beautiful maps you produce everyday ! And that 's quite a lot !!! And too, I have the really big chance to have an Ipad pro, so I can produce maps from my bed on Procreate, which I try to learn and tame... lots of differences with photoshop.. I' Il show you what I could manage to achieve...

Anyway, I managed to finish (at least, I think I did) the illustration I had in my mind for the challenge. And then... of course, my computer started to show some kind of messages about a default in the memory. I brought back the machine to the seller, as it's still under warranty, and I hoped to retrieve my machine yesterday. That's when I learned that they had to send back the computer to the builder and that it would take three weeks...

Hopefully, I made backup of my discs, so nothing's lost, and I can present you the work finished for the Challenge. The difficulty will be if you find some changes to make... Then, I will have to manage to find a Photoshop somewhere to make the corrections you can suggest... But I'm sure I can find that somewhere near ! So, don't hesitate to make comments and critics on this latest WIP !

Ps : Sorry it you have that song stuck in your head, now... But it's still a good song to whistle wherever you are !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The prince s rapt composition 04.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	7.76 MB 
ID:	99581

Oh my, that's terrible to hear Jo! I hope you're going to be okay! As for you entry, this really looks splendid. The only thing that really stands out to me every time I look at it is the title. I think it would look much better with a different font. Otherwise it's great.

Oh Jo

I am so sorry to hear that. What a terrible thing to happen to such a really nice guy. I do hope you improve somewhat, and that this isn't a permanent injury!

The map is totally gorgeous. I love the final surprise with the extra images, especially at the bottom.

I can only see one error. You have 'fisrt' instead of 'first' in the bottom bubble, but I'm sure that everyone will understand if you have no choice but to leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    Oh my, that's terrible to hear Jo! I hope you're going to be okay! As for you entry, this really looks splendid. The only thing that really stands out to me every time I look at it is the title. I think it would look much better with a different font. Otherwise it's great.
    Thanks ! I think I'll be alright, it's just a matter of time...
    Thanks for the advice ! I'll look into it for another font... I think I can do that with Photoshop Elements ?
    Last edited by - JO -; 09-28-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh Jo

I am so sorry to hear that. What a terrible thing to happen to such a really nice guy. I do hope you improve somewhat, and that this isn't a permanent injury!

The map is totally gorgeous. I love the final surprise with the extra images, especially at the bottom.

I can only see one error. You have 'fisrt' instead of 'first' in the bottom bubble, but I'm sure that everyone will understand if you have no choice but to leave it there.
    Thanks Mouse !
    I don't think it's permanent... I'm improving a bit every day... I no longer walk on all four like a dog
    Thanks for the typo ! That one, I'm sure I can correct in Photoshop elements

I will be willing you much better fortune for quite a long while!

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    So... there must be a curse of some sort on this Challenge... After some of us throwing the towel due to a lack of time, some accidents for computers, and some sickness, I had my share of bad luck too : 2 weeks ago, I broke my back (herniated disc, says google trad...) So, I can barely walk or sit since that day... and I try to stay on a horizontal position as often and long as I can.
    The bright side of this (always look at the bright side !) is that I have plenty of time to be on the forum, and look at the beautiful maps you produce everyday ! And that 's quite a lot !!! And too, I have the really big chance to have an Ipad pro, so I can produce maps from my bed on Procreate, which I try to learn and tame... lots of differences with photoshop.. I' Il show you what I could manage to achieve...
    Wow, that's terrible. I think that's the same thing that happened to my dad (he crushed two of his discs after he slipped a step carrying heavy objects down some metal stairs on a catering job, then they had to fuse the vertebrae together). It was a long time for him to recover. I wish you the best and a speedy and full recovery.

The map looks great though. I really enjoy the fact that one of the minions is being electrocuted and that there is an arrow sticking out the other. On that action panel though the text is in a different colour, and I'm not sure if that is intentional or not? It's a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Wow, that's terrible. I think that's the same thing that happened to my dad (he crushed two of his discs after he slipped a step carrying heavy objects down some metal stairs on a catering job, then they had to fuse the vertebrae together). It was a long time for him to recover. I wish you the best and a speedy and full recovery.

The map looks great though. I really enjoy the fact that one of the minions is being electrocuted and that there is an arrow sticking out the other. On that action panel though the text is in a different colour, and I'm not sure if that is intentional or not? It's a bit odd.
    Thanks for your kind words !
    Yes I think it's the same that happened to your father... I'm still not sure if I need surgery. I would prefer not, I know that, with time, the result is the same : the herniated discs are fusing together, so I prefer that they'll do that by themselves...
    And thanks for your sharp eye : the color is actually different... and I don't know why... So, I'll correct that immediately !

I broke my back (herniated disc, says google trad...) So, I can barely walk or sit since that day... and I try to stay on a horizontal position as often and long as I can.
    Got something similar earlier this summer. I was squatting (not so heavy weights) but I felt something wrong. I sat down and could barely get up again. Maybe a nerve got stock or something. Even sitting was painful. It stayed like that about a month or so and I had to stay in bed most of the time. It took me quite so time to see any kind of improvements.

Now, I'm mostly fine but I still got some tension in my back while running for example.
    I think your problem should go away eventually, assuming it's a similar problem to mine. If it doesn't, it would be best to go to the doctor.

The map is well made and really remind me of some game like Pillars of eternity. When you make one faction angry at you, they keep sending assassins periodically. At least in my experience and they look much like these.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast