Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: August September 2017 Challenge: The Prince's rapt

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Got something similar earlier this summer. I was squatting (not so heavy weights) but I felt something wrong. I sat down and could barely get up again. Maybe a nerve got stock or something. Even sitting was painful. It stayed like that about a month or so and I had to stay in bed most of the time. It took me quite so time to see any kind of improvements.

Now, I'm mostly fine but I still got some tension in my back while running for example.
    I think your problem should go away eventually, assuming it's a similar problem to mine. If it doesn't, it would be best to go to the doctor.

The map is well made and really remind me of some game like Pillars of eternity. When you make one faction angry at you, they keep sending assassins periodically. At least in my experience and they look much like these.
    Yes, that sound like an herniated disc to me, or at least the beginning of it (it started the same for me, 15 years ago)
    I think you did right, staying in bed... And now you should be very careful, especially if you are running : it is known that it's bad for herniated disc to run. little shocks repeatedly in your spine at every step... I hope you have good shoes with good soles for shock absorption.... And most of all, be very careful if you lift heavy weight. I don't wish you the pain that I have these days...
    And thanks for your comments on the map, that what I was aiming for !

Blog Entries

Speedy recovery Jo and nice map or do you say B.D. ? On that note, another thing I only discovered the other day in French was that where you have got <<borrow>>, in UK at least we would use "quotes" - i.e. a sarcastic deliberate mistaken word used in place of the reality of the matter. You often see people make the quotes shapes using both hands index and middle fingers when saying (stressing) them. So I wondered, what is the french equivalent to that ? Is there an equivalent at all ? Made me ponder for a short while...

So I managed to bring some corrections with photoshop elements... Thanks a lot for your critics and comments... and if you see another amelioration I should bring, don't hesitate to tell me before the end of the challenge !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The prince s rapt composition05.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	7.74 MB 
ID:	99600

Yep, that's how we make a «Citation» in french.
    Also french does not take a capital letter in french unless we are talking about a French.
    English puts a lot of capital letters that we don't have/need like in september.
    i sometimes forget about this and the corrector doesn't tell me if it is set to French.

We also tend to make mistakes. In French we classify every noun as either masculine or feminine.
    A table has to be a female! so we might refer to the table as a she/her.

Perfect

I reckon you stand a good chance of winning this one, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Perfect

I reckon you stand a good chance of winning this one, Jo
    Thanks a lot Mouse, I think I was waaaay pass my zone of comfort in drawing with this one... I left myself carried away by images in my mind and I'm not sure I had the necessary skill to really achieve properly that kind of illustration... But anyway, it was a pleasure to test some techniques and I've learned several things during this dodgy trip... And speaking of the challenge, there are other really beautiful drawings in the competition, including your marvelous pearls ! I wish you luck and all the best !

pfft. The pearls aren't really up to this kind of scratch (meaning they aren't as good as the Princes Rapt ).

I had to seriously scale down my ambitions when I got a job, and then had a "Seespiro.A" Trojan attack on my computer (which silenced me for 2 days, as I was scared of passing it on if I didn't kill it before coming back to the Guild), and just after that fell ill with this lurgy that the doctor has so far failed to identify and treat effectively.

None of that is as serious as what you have suffered, though, and still you have achieved the full extent of what you initially dreamed - with more added on top of that!

Its beautiful, exciting and dramatic

Thanks for your wishes, Redrobe... you are right : it's far more a BD (bande dessinée... like a comic book) than a map... even if it all started with the plan given by the challenge..

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    pfft. The pearls aren't really up to this kind of scratch (meaning they aren't as good as the Princes Rapt ).

I had to seriously scale down my ambitions when I got a job, and then had a "Seespiro.A" Trojan attack on my computer (which silenced me for 2 days, as I was scared of passing it on if I didn't kill it before coming back to the Guild), and just after that fell ill with this lurgy that the doctor has so far failed to identify and treat effectively.

None of that is as serious as what you have suffered, though, and still you have achieved the full extent of what you initially dreamed - with more added on top of that!

Its beautiful, exciting and dramatic
    Thanks a lot for your kind words, and we all had our share of misfortune these last weeks, but don't underestimate your beautiful work ! As we said : the plan C was really the best and the pearls are a magnificent piece of art !

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast