Thread: Kingdom of Kenland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Man, that is ALOT of countries!!
    Good luck handling them all fam.

So I found azelor's AMAZING map of The Kingdom in the Clouds and saw his WIP thread and saw some great ideas for farms. I have 4 styles so far. I don't really think 1 or 2 fit the style of my map, so I'm really leaning on 3 or 4, with 4 being the frontrunner right now. In addition to trying out how to illustrate the farmland I've also changed the counties to only having the outer glow rather than solid colors (With a color overlay same as the background color over the actual color so I don't lose it if i want to go back.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	98807

I wasn't expecting this to look as good as it turned out, but it turned out pretty well! My only hesitation is that it looks a little busy, but once I add in additional hills and other features to break the farms up I think it will a little better!

Views:	91 
Size:	654.9 KB 
ID:	98819

I finished up the farm texture and am pretty proud of it. I'm now off to marking out hills and heath/uncultivated lands. Having trouble with indicating a forested hill, and since most hills are forested I'm questioning about whether or not I just mark them as forests and just not even bother with hills.

Now that I've actually made the farm/cultivated land texture I'm really worried about how I will break it up with other textures and make it seamless and all blend together. I'm trying out this heath indicator, but I'm not really sure how I like it.

Name:	capture.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	98943

I tried out a new forest style, not sure if I like it or not. I used Schwarzkreuz's tutorial on making forests and wondered if it would fit better with the style of my map so far.

Views:	72 
Size:	662.7 KB 
ID:	99023
    Last edited by Edward II of Kenland; 09-05-2017 at 08:13 PM.