Hi all!

I finally moved at the university and... err... I was so excited to have scanned 33 pages of maps to post on my six maps open for critics only to now realise that the images didn't transfer on my USB key. Gah, will have to wait for Christmas when I will return home and have once more access to a scanner

Meanwhile, I was thinking about the mushroom biome. How would you guys and girls depict a morning in such an environment? Misty, full of dew? Smelly? Swarming with bugs?

An idea could be that we define tree types of biomes and depending on the type, the landscape and environement is different.
1: Composite biome.
-Since some types of mushrooms tend to grow as parasites, or sometimes they even cooperate with others, it could be interesting to have a biome which is not a mushroom one only but a mix of mushrooms and something else. Like, for example, some big trees like the redwoods on which large mushrooms grow on the trunks and in turn provide shelter for small animals and bugs.

2: Dominant biome.
-We could always have a mushroom biome with mushrooms filling the rooms with mushy mushrooms. Errr... Okay, back to seriousness... We could have as a dominant feature big mushrooms, but then it would require some thoughts about what kind of animals would live in such a place. We could always invent creatures or have big bugs. A dominant biome would be also on the surface, but where? Would it be in swampy areas? We did say humidity and mountains were important, so how about a plateau where the streams just flood the ground a little and instead of having plants, having the fungus party.
-I would also picture some mushrooms with a cap ressembling a bowl in which morning dew or rain could gather. Would be a good place for bugs such as mosquitoes to put their eggs. Would also imply that water would be easy to find, but would it be drinkable?

3: Partly hidden biome, to underground biome.
-I could easily see in a fantasy world a big ravine where light is able to reach the bottom only for a few hours a day, or even less. Would be like underground galeries also.