Hi all! I need some help, may it be in suggestions, information and comments.

When drawing a map in a fantasy world, we create, and when we create, we tend to search a good balance between several spices that render a map delicious for the eye.
For those who saw my maps, I will admit and certainly they can affirm that sadly I do not have much diversity in biome representation. Scale, style, lack of experience, maybe, but we need to
move forward now eh?

One way I found to bring diversity is to have symbols for a completely new biome. For example... For those who played modded minecraft, there was a biome with lots of flowers and some big flowers. ''Now that could be interesting'' said the little I that I am. And so I have some biomes represented by a half marshweed symbol with a circle above that gives the look of a plant with a flower. Okay! I have a symbol! I placed some biomes in certain areas justifying that the types of flowers are adapted to the location and so bla bla bla...
Well, so far there is not much thinking put into it...

My nexzt step is to create 2-3 more biomes and to think WHERE they SHOULD be. And for that I need your help people. Video games and fantasy novels tend to have some cliches, like a fungus forest. (Can we really call it a forest since mushrooms are not considered as plants?). ''Well'', I said in my little head of mine, ''how about I have some fungus biome but not like the Super Mario type, how about those you find on tree trunks but instead?''. I thought it sounded cool. Taking a classic and changing it a little. But err... WHERE would be the best logical place and HOW would it impact the ecosystem and all?

So my aim with this thread is to think with all of you, like a good collective (that sounds bad, especially if you like star trek...).

BIOME NUMBER ONE: Fungus biome.

Somewhere with lots of humidity and shade would be great. But what else? Me is no mushroom expert. What else would you find fitting in a mushroom biome, and what kind of animals? You can include creatures from mythology and all! Lets juste create together...