Thread: Artist(s) needed for Large scale project for OpenLayers/Leaflet powered fantasy world

Post Artist(s) needed for Large scale project for OpenLayers/Leaflet powered fantasy world

Subject:

The scope of this project has blown well past what I am capable of achieving on my own. The principle here is that I intend to make a fantasy map, utilizing the OpenLayers or Leaflet map-tile system to create an interactable world map for use in tabletop RPGs with functionality for but not limited to fog for unexplored areas, addition of city maps on clickable cities and potentially campaign notes attached to makers.
    Now what I am asking for is a single, or multiple artists to help me make this dream a reality. With this project I can’t promise monetary compensation, but if anything does ever come from it, compensation will be distributed evenly.
    The principle behind this world is that it is a fantasy world that will gradually update as it covers different RPG systems. I’m currently working on getting the virtual platform working so that these maps can be displayed in a similar way that Google Maps is, but I’ve run into my own creative limit.
    I’ve designed basic continents, and did some research into tectonic plate movements, giving me a pretty good idea of how to make a “fantasy” world feel plausible. The problem, as I’ve said, is that my limited art skills have left me no other choice than hope and pray that there are artists out there willing to help me in this endeavour.

Style:

Let’s just start with the basic fantasy art style, and work from there. Perhaps a more “realistic” approach will be nice in the future, but the scope of the project is large enough as is without multiple styles as well.

Something like this
    http://paramenides-mapstock.devianta...p-01-170505416

All the way zoomed in to something like this.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...5c012af576.jpg

Quality and Size:

Although I’d much prefer professional, I’d be more than happy to take one anyone willing to practice and work on this project with the same love and devotion as myself.

If anyone knows anything about Google Maps is that the tiles are designed to be 256x256 pixels each. I’ve tried making a single photoshop image with rediculous pixel sizes so that I could make one map and just resize, but my PC didn’t like that… Therefore I’d love to take suggestions how to do this. I have a good idea how, but if anyone has experience with a project as such, please let me know…

Remember, for each "Layer" the tile will look a bit different. There will be more surface area shown, perhaps details left out, and more.

Time Constraints:

Although I’d LOVE to get this project done before the end of 2017, realistically I think it’s more likely that we’d hit mid 2018 if I continue my part-time availability, and with a single artist.

Copyright:

This map will be a product that will not be open to the public necessarily, unless that decision is made at a later date. For now, it is for personal use only. Therefore, the artist(s) and myself will join in a partnership where commercial gain from the project as a whole will be shared equally. The project as a whole includes maps and their tiles, code based in Leaflet or OpenLayers, and Javascripts. Otherwise, copyrights of individual maps are retained by the artists.

Don’t know if I did that correctly, but really I don’t see the need.

Contact details:

Feel free to contact me privately on skype or email using email “chimiboy—at—hotmail.nl” or via discord by sending a message to “Chimiboy#8342”

Just remember, I'm willing to take on anyone willing to put in the time and effort, just like I am doing. If you're not sure, contact me anyway and we can talk about it on a more personal level. I am serious about completing this project, and if I need to lay down some dimes for quality, I might just do so (even on a poor "game design" student income!).

Has this request been fulfilled? If so I'll go ahead and archive this thread.

Blog Entries

Why not use our guildworld ?
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/l...ype=guildworld

Id archive all of these threads older than 2 - 3 months or when theres a lack of response.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 10-19-2017 at 08:11 PM.