Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neosol Systems

Map Neosol Systems

Here's the global map for the Neosol systems. It's intended to be a general view for navigators.
    In this setting, there are three categories of space ships & travels :
    - the interstellar travel with gigantic space ships called "astronefs" or "cosmonefs" and which can travel at a speed 1 to 3 times the speed of light. They carry the orbiters. Faster than ligh travel is bit like old sailing : it requires to "raise the anchor", "unfold the wings" and launch a probe for direction (after navigation course is computed), passing by some sort of intertwined dimension, affected by waves and solar winds.
    - the interplanetary travel with big Orbiters, which are propelled by MPD-CIRS (magnetoplasmadynamics drive coupled with cold inertial reduction systems) drives, at speed from 1 light minute per hour to 3 light minutes per hour. They can't go to the surface, and then carry space shuttles.
    - the space shuttles, which are more small and aerodynamic, are able of atmospheric travel and land on planetary surfaces.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neosol Systems.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	98911
    Hope you'll like it!

Totally fan of the way you add an interface to your map! Those buttons, details about the suns, orbits ect are inspiring
    Can't rep you yet but the map deserves it.

This looks like something from a cool videogame I would like to play! Well done!
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Guild Expert

This looks awesome Ilanthar! It really does look like it would be on some computer screen in a movie, or on star gate or something. You did a really good job, it looks very professional and well done.

Ilanthar, your dream vision is spectacular.

How on Earth do you imagine all these details?

Its just beautiful

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Beautiful design. It looks like it come right out of a sci-fi videogame map HUD.

Chapeau!

By Francissimo
    Totally fan of the way you add an interface to your map! Those buttons, details about the suns, orbits ect are inspiring
    Can't rep you yet but the map deserves it.
    Thanks a lot my friend ! Well, "futuristic interfaces" seems to mainly using hexagones/triangles/circles shapes.

By Obbehobbe
    This looks like something from a cool videogame I would like to play! Well done!
    Thanks, Obbehobbe . I took some ideas from videogames/movies concept art, so it's quite normal, I guess.

By Kacey
    This looks awesome Ilanthar! It really does look like it would be on some computer screen in a movie, or on star gate or something. You did a really good job, it looks very professional and well done.
    Thanks, Kacey. I've seen great holo maps in "The Expanse" season 2, recently... quite inspiring. Some concept arts for TV shows or movies are a good source of ideas.

By Mouse
    Ilanthar, your dream vision is spectacular.
    How on Earth do you imagine all these details?
    Its just beautiful
    Thanks a lot, Mouse. The thing is : I'm a big sleeper . And I also read a lot... As for the details, well, I took inspiration in a lot of useful and great sources (like the guild).

By Onez
    Beautiful design. It looks like it come right out of a sci-fi videogame map HUD.
    Chapeau!
    Thanks, Onez! That was pretty much my base idea .

Fantastic map and as the others said, so Sci-Fi !

By ThomasR
    Fantastic map and as the others said, so Sci-Fi !
    Thanks a lot, Thomas !

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Gorgeous. As usual.

I for one would LOVE to read stories set in your world(s).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast