Thread: City map for a fantasy kingdom, unusual/interesting features with a unique flavor

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Help City map for a fantasy kingdom, unusual/interesting features with a unique flavor

First of all I am sorry for parachuting in here and asking for an unpaid commission with my very first post. I have been banging my head off of this problem for a long time.

I am running a D&D game that takes place in a homebrew setting of my own. The location is primarily centered around the capital city Pikeswold.

As it stands I am going to just draw big ovals on a field and put words in them for the different districts. If I get more detailed I run into the problem of scale and I just don't have the artistic ability or the time to grind through the tutorials.

Here are some points of interest that I think make my city interesting. A large, ornate, unfinished bridge. A massively huge tree that dominates the skyline. A heavily fortified keep on a large boulder hill. Many segregated trade districts. A slum neighborhood built into old slit trenches.

In terms of style, I like the standard maps used in Wizard of the Coast D&D publications, but I would prefer an artist interested in putting their personal touch on it.

In terms of scale I think a 72dpi 8.5"x11" finished piece should be sufficient but I defer to the artists judgement.

There is no hard and fast time constraint, but until I have a better map its going to be ovals a-go-go for me. If possible having something by Oct 14th would be ideal.

This piece is flagged as unpaid because my resources are limited but I will be happy to tip someone who can put together a good piece. Thank you for reading!

Guild Apprentice

Hey there Emrys,
    Would it be possible for me to get a bit more information on the city? I'm not exactly experienced in making city maps so i can't guarantee my work would be anything too impressive, but it might be better than ovals and squares. Feel free to message me here, or email me at apestilence1(at)gmail(dot)com

-P