Thread: My second big endeavor to build a dungeon in GIMP

Guild Novice

Map My second big endeavor to build a dungeon in GIMP

While I have made a handful of dungeon's using GIMP I used to do very simple paint brush dungeon filling things in with the the paint brush toll and smudging it around till I was happy. Now I have learned after a few days of complete study how to make my own textures for flooring, walls, and solid sections. All of the items that are placed within the map I downloaded from a big collection of Dundjinni Assets I found online and copied into it. In truth I am really happy with how it turned out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dwemer Dungeon-min.png 
Views:	595 
Size:	6.91 MB 
ID:	99097

I think that is a pretty cool little map.

With the anvils placement I would suggest they they would never be placed against a wall like that in a working forge. They are the prime tool in a forge and need access to all sides as well as clearance for things being made on them, and they are too heavy and important to shove into a corner every night only to drag them back out again in the morning.

I agree, nice map. I really like the background, black rock texture. Where did that come from?

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I agree, nice map. I really like the background, black rock texture. Where did that come from?
    I made the black rock texture. All I needed to do was open two new layers one filled with solid noise the other with plasma. I then went to lighting effects and selected the bump map option played around till it looked enough like rocks and simply hit okay. After that all I needed to do was drop shadows and merge the two layers together after getting rid of a plasma layer.

I honestly I tried not to use textures the best I could. Only the walls were a texture the floor I also made myself, and all the objects including the stuff on the floor they were overlays I had such as dust, cracks and dirt.

Nice job, that rock texture is Awesome.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default GIMP Maping

Hi, how did you like working in Gimp? I've been considering Gimp and Dungeon Painter.

J

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Cosby View Post
    Hi, how did you like working in Gimp? I've been considering Gimp and Dungeon Painter.

J
    I really love working with GIMP, I just wish I knew how do more with it since I am so new to using it, but from what I have learned I can work pretty quick with it now. As for Dungeon Painter I still haven't gotten a chance to pick it up.