Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukiyo-e Map Objects - take two!

Nice. Personal request here, could we get a version of the temple gate without a shadow. I personally just think it would look more appropriate.

Wip Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Nice. Personal request here, could we get a version of the temple gate without a shadow. I personally just think it would look more appropriate.
    Done!

GP
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-15-2009 at 12:42 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Done!

GP
    Woo thanks, you rock.

Post Buddhist Temple

Since I created a Shinto Torii gate, its only fair that I post a Buddhist Temple - though I plan to make a couple more, including a five tier pagoda temple. This is a typical large Buddhist Temple.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buddhist1.png 
Views:	382 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	9273  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Post One last thought for tonight...

One last thought before I go to bed. I was thinking about Nomadic's request for smaller scale objects/illustrations. I wondered what would be the use of people if teeny tiny on a map for purpose and not for decoration.

Havn't done anything on this yet, but just a thought. I could create several people-type objects "moving" in the cardinal directions and the four in between, so eight versions of each people object set.

As a way to differentiate a walking path, to a farm road, to a highway. Rather than working by line color, dashes or width, I'll make all roadways the same, but place "people" objects to differentiate them...

1. A group of five walking for walking paths.

2. A farmer or merchant wagon with horses and driver for rural roads.

3. A small band of samurai on horseback for highways and major roads.

I'll get as detailed as possible, but these will be tiny objects.

Cool idea, I thought!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    A small band of samurai on horseback for highways and major roads.
    Should be seven of them
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Profantasy Annuals...

So I've contacted Profantasy about the possible inclusion of this map object set into their Annuals subscription - they are very interested. However, I would need to sell them full artistic rights, so they could be used for derivative works.

Does anyone (Jaerdaph, or others who might know) have an idea how much this should be? I don't want to scare them off, but I don't want to undersell them. I will still retain rights so I can distribute them myself, for other apps, then just Profantasy and sell from my website directly.

If you have clue (because I don't), send me a PM, please.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

I'm honestly not sure how much a symbol set would be. If you look over at the Four Ugly Monsters and the sets they sell that might give you some idea. I know that Devin Knight does custom tokens for $4 each as well.

I'm sure that Simon would be willing to negotiate with you on the price. Just remember that the British Pound is currently worth about $1.50 US so that should give you some advantage in price since $15 for you is only $10 for them.

EDIT: 1 British pound = 1.4579 U.S. dollars
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Based on a cost of 21.95 pounds for a subscription, an individual issue costs the subscriber 1.83 pounds (US$2.66 currently). You could try to negotiate for a percentage of that amount, multiplied by the current subscriber base.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

*In very bad Dr. Evil imitation* One....Million....Dollars! *evil laugh*

Seriously though, I don't have the foggiest - what does Profantasy charge for their symbol sets? Maybe use that somehow as a basis to work from.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast