Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ukiyo-e Map Objects - take two!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm wondering if they use in-house artists who get paid a salary or if they buy something from someone then add an upcharge and what that upcharge percentage rate is. I do custom work for Home Expo (custom high-end division of Home Depot) and they add a 33% upcharge to my price. But this is more of a one-off thing since I can't sell stained glass windows like this. Since they'll be licensing images they'll make their profits back in mass-market selling so I'd say go high and haggle down as needed.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Wip Thanks guys - now onwards with objects!

I sent my reply Email with my proposed price to Profantasy, we'll see what kind of negotiation this gets to - thanks for the info, guys!

On an aside, I also contacted the site, I found most of my shiro castle photos I'm using to create these objects and asked about availability of real maps to work from - he replied he has few and will send them to me, so I can do the castle map and ground plans with more accurate authority...

Now back from that temporary threadjack, onwards with some more objects.

Below is my third and possibly final castle object. Another small shiro for a local daimyo, this is a mountain top castle, the oldest type, though the added gables which give it more strength, was added later, than initial construction.

Hikone Castle... enjoy!

GP

PS: still working on more Buddhist temples - boy with all the curves, Pagoda temples are giving me problems, but I have to include one... that's next on my agenda...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hikone-shiro.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	9300  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip Pagoda and walkers

I finally got the Pagoda to work out like I wanted. I even prettied it up with a pond and some trees. This came out quite nice. Since the trees are an after thought, I'll include these trees as part of my tree objects portion of the collection (killing two birds with one stone...)

Also (lineart only for tonight) I've created the first of my "Walking Path" symbol, I realized I only needed four sets for each type. This one will be for "NE to SW" walking paths. I'm liking how the paths idea is working out! Thanks, Nomadic, for making me think of it!

Enjoy!

GP

Name:	pagoda.png 
Views:	397 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	9328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walking-ne.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	9329  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The pagoda is beautiful GP! Nice touch with the reflection in the pool.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I finally got the Pagoda to work out like I wanted. I even prettied it up with a pond and some trees. This came out quite nice. Since the trees are an after thought, I'll include these trees as part of my tree objects portion of the collection (killing two birds with one stone...)

Also (lineart only for tonight) I've created the first of my "Walking Path" symbol, I realized I only needed four sets for each type. This one will be for "NE to SW" walking paths. I'm liking how the paths idea is working out! Thanks, Nomadic, for making me think of it!

Enjoy!

GP
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    The pagoda is beautiful GP! Nice touch with the reflection in the pool.
    I absolutely agree! This is just beautiful. I hope you have the separate objects from that scene and a pond without the reflection.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post Its vector, guys, all separate objects!

As always this is using Xara, so they are all vector objects. I can do just the pagoda, just the trees, just the pond, pagoda with trees, pagoda with trees and pond no reflection or as above with everything.

Oh and today, I am halfway to 92 years old!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Well happy birthday!!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Happy birthday and great job. I can't wait for you to finish so we can all try this out.

Wip Walking Paths

Walking Paths - northeast to southwest and east west. Enjoy!

GP

Name:	walking-ne.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	9357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walking-ew.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	9359  
    DrivethruRPG store

Here are a few pictures my wife inherited from her father who received them as a present from a relative who brought them from Japan, sometime after WWII.

Hopefully, this will give you some inspiration even if they are a slightly different style.

Name:	034.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	4.49 MB 
ID:	9355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	035.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	4.34 MB 
ID:	9356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	036.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	4.37 MB 
ID:	9358  
    Last edited by jfrazierjr; 01-16-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast