Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Ukiyo-e Map Objects - take two!

Wip Mounted samurai

Mounted samurai is turning out tougher than I realized. There is very much a lack of good resource material for mounted samurai, especially in the Ukiyo-e style. More often than not, the samurai are standing on foot or fighting.

This means I am changing my plans for the several mounted samurai objects into a single mounted samurai per highway direction, followed by a line of ashigaru infantry bearing banners and naginata spears. It still fits the military movement idea of the initial object.

Anyway, here's a couple mounted Samurai so far - I believe they are the objects for highways northwest to southeast and northeast to southwest. After I create the other two mounted samurai, I will create the ashigaru.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samurai-sw.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	9425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samurai-nw.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	9426  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip EW and NS

Mounted samurai highway symbols - east/west and north/south.

Enjoy!

GP

Name:	samurai-ew.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	9430   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samurai-ns.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	9431  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Just like the mountains, I got bored of doing people

Just like the problem with drawing 20 mountains, I am really exhausted on doing people, so I'll get back to them and go on to something else. If I can't keep my interests up, I won't be able to maintain this pace. So I'm moving on to trees.

Here's my first of at least 5 probably 10 pine trees, as this type is the most recognized Japanese type of tree. I plan on doing at least 5 of the other types for this set: cherry (blossoms) trees, willows, conifer evergreens, and mulberry trees.

Pine tree number one! (Unless I can find a quick and easy one to do, I'm done for the night!)

GP

Name:	pine01.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	9433  
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip A couple of quickee trees...

A couple of quickee trees doing a Google on Bonsai photos...

First one is a pine growing out of a dead tree. Second one is a red maple in springtime bloom. Its much faster to create trees than people that's for sure!

GP

Name:	pine02.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	9434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maple01.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	9435  
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Are you going to do a cherry tree with all the white blossoms (or maybe it's not cherry)? Aren't they fairly popular in Japanese art?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip Yes, and more!

SG, I plan to make several of the most popular of Japanese trees and Cherry Blossoms are on the list. I wanted to knock out the pines first and do a few others as I find them.

On an aside, Profantasy wants me to create more of this set, before they will consider purchasing it, however, they have commissioned me to create other objects in the mean time - hurray!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-19-2009 at 10:48 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Congrats GP!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

That is really great news GP!! Congrats!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Are you going to do a cherry tree with all the white blossoms (or maybe it's not cherry)? Aren't they fairly popular in Japanese art?
    Yea some sakura would be awesome.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast