Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Map The Caves of Chaos.

Totally agree, Bogie

In addition, I'd say challenges are an opportunity to learn something new, whether that's by following someone's suggestion, or looking at what others around you are doing to solve similar problems and either using the same technique or adapting it to your own style of map, The more challenges you do, the more likely you are to get your first shiny new compass one day.

I think I started at least 10 challenges (both Lite and Main) before I was even chasing the leaders

The main message here is: Have fun, and learn stuff

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Never voted for myself, but it hasn't come up as a "uh I could have won" either... it would be easier if there was just a rule that you should or shouldn't - then you didn't have to think about it. Danes like the brits feels it's dreadful impolite to do so
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

some of us Americans feel that way, too. I have never voted for myself in these challenges, because #1 - I believe it's totally inappropriate, and #2 - I've never considered my maps good enough to win. I enjoy the challenge of it, and the inspiration I get when joining.

This time... I don't know....it's going to be a really hard choice!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

The closest I've come to voting for myself is trying to give my own entry 'rep' without realising it was mine. It was late, I was tired and well, I'm an old knacker

I haven't been following this challenge as dungeons aren't my thing. For now. So when I look at all the thumbs I'm going to be hit with an overwhelming surprise I reckon. I normally judge maps on how they stand out but are still faithful to the theme. I think here the theme is very rigid so it's going to be even more difficult to judge. Before I open the thumbs I'm starting to think I might go for deviousness and evil in trap placement

Oh-ho-ho. So you think the voting is going to be THAT easy!

Good luck with it, Straf!

I've just done it, and it took me nearly an hour to decide who I was going to 'drop' to curb my tendency to blanket vote on challenges where everyone has put a ton of work in, everyone has clearly learned a few new tricks on anything I've seen them do before, and everyone has a good map.

Guild Artisan

I have never voted for myself, nor will I. I always take these contests to see what others come up with for ideas and methods and how to improve upon the images that pop into my head. If a silver compass comes of it, great. If not, well then I better try harder next time, lol.

Then you will get a lot more satisfaction from doing challenges than people who are more focussed on whether they win or not

I keep doing challenges because I enjoy being part of a team with a common goal - a shared project. Winning is totally cool when it happens, but I'd still be doing challenges with just as much enthusiasm even if I hadn't won a thing.

Guild Artisan

Regarding voting. I will say, I like the approach you don't need to vote in order of 1st, 2nd, etc. Makes it somewhat easier at any rate.

I personally don't care if I win or not. If I come up with a new technique, or if I learn something new, or try something new, then I consider it a win for me. All I really care about is getting better at what I do
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

its not about winning but participating and learning.. and having lots of fun .. I should know LOL
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112