Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Map The Caves of Chaos.

I'm interested in part 6. Also I don't mind sharing it with someone else.

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

I'm in ! #3 please !
    EDIT : #4, sorry
    Last edited by Tenia; 09-18-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Guild Member Guild Supporter

Can I sign up for segment 1, please!

(By my count, that leaves segments 3 and 10 unclaimed so far, if anyone's curious.)

So if multiple participants take the same section does that mean we will have multiple voting polls? And if a section is picked by only one participant does that mean they will automatically "win" a compass since they are "competing" against themselves? And what if there is a section that isn't picked by any participant?

Not trying to be a spoilsport, just trying to understand how this is going to work.

All that being said, I might try to get in on this one though I am not sure which section I want to work with just yet.
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 09-18-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: adding comments
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    First come first served. If duplication happens, or if we have more participants than sections (11) I will use the one that gets the most votes to reassemble the Caves.
    In other words there is one vote for the compass winner. Being a multiple choice poll it means there will also be votes that the other participants receive in the same poll. If a person has done the same section as someone else, the one with the higher vote count will be the one that gets stitched into the overall map. If only one person chooses a section they participate in the main poll with everyone else, and that is the only poll to determine the winner.
    Last edited by Falconius; 09-18-2017 at 01:42 PM.

I'll take 10 if it's still open. Sounds like a fun challenge.

-IG

Guild Member Facebook Connected Belgath's Avatar

I will do 3 since That is the last one left.

Wow... and then they're all gone?! Oh my! I had no idea they would go so FAST!

Well, Mr Bogues, you have what I hope is a GREAT problem to have! TOO MUCH interest in the Lite Challenge!
    That being said... I would very much love to participate. But I'd rather you tell me where I could be the most help. If that's doubling up with someone, that's fine. But if there's anything else that needs doing, I'd love to help out in any way. Just let me know!

Edited to add:
    Oh! here's a fun idea! What about an overland map that shows the various entrances?! I didn't see that in the breakdown. The idea just popped into my head while I sought, desperately, for a way to get involved in this Lite Challenge. I thought I'd better throw it your way.

Hey! Another, if related, thought! Maybe, if there's going to be even MORE interest (and I'd wager there is going to be more interest), you could split up the overland map into parts as well? Sure, maybe it's not as sexy as the parts of the cave, but there's lots of detail on the map, if you're looking for it.

You couldn't split it 11 ways, but maybe 2 to 4? Okay, I'm rambling now, aren't I? Yes, definitely rambling. But do let a fellow know, won't you?
    Last edited by mixerbach; 09-18-2017 at 03:52 PM.

You're free to choose a spot that someone else is already doing. It just means it's not guaranteed that your entry will be put into the 'stitched together' map, but please don't let that stop you taking part. Just treat it like a normal challenge and have fun making a map!

Having said that, this is looking pretty popular. Maybe we'll get 22 participants, so there could be a second map!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

By reading the original adventure book, I've read that the collapsed tunnel in the south west could lead somewhere. It was added for possible expensions.

There is another cave further sw and a keep. It could be a tunnel linking them together.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast