Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept / Oct '17 Lite Challenge: Map The Caves of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioluminescence View Post
    Hey Bogie - don't think I have my PM yet, alas.
    I did find the same "PLAYTEST" document that mixerbach mentioned, so I'm not completely in the dark, but it'd be grand to make sure there's no differences between the two
    Yours was the first one I did, but it looks like I forgot to hit the send button. I Will resend when I get home. sorry.

Hey Mr Bogues! Sorry about the mix up on my impromptu Sections List and missing Azelor's pick. In my defense, I was rushing to make the list quickly simply to help me avoid becoming the THIRD cartographer on a given section.

I could not help but notice that the list in my post, that you so graciously corrected, includes me.
    The list on the OP does not mention me, however.
    Although I try not to listen, my paranoid self is currently saying, "Take a hint, bozo! " in one ear, while my arrogant self concludes, "this was clearly an oversight... easily fixed ," in the other.
    Meanwhile, my intuitive self is prodding me, "What does Mr Bogues stand to gain with me out of the picture? No pun intended. "
    My slightly mad self, on the other hand shouts, "No, no, no, you see, I love pancakes! "

Any help you could provide in clearing up this little psychotic break would be much appreciated.

No Conspiracy involved MB, I was doing a lot of catching up last night and it was way past my bedtime. Mistakes were inevitable, I shall correct them as best I can.
    You are always welcome in our challenges.

LOL! Yes, I figured as much, but couldn't resist the lure of giving the voices inside my head a little limelight.
    I see I have a PM from you, sir, so thank you very much for that as well! Can't wait to get started!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Gettin close aint it ! I reckon section 10 is about 7500 pixels across. Whole thing would look good on one of the zoomy maps tho.

I guess the WIPs could be 1/2 size but maybe post the final as a set of 2 x 2 images.

Yep... 7500 exactly. I'm going to keep working on it at 100 dpi, and then just scale it down to 70 dpi before I upload. I think the math will be easier that way. I hope.

-IG

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Yep... 7500 exactly. I'm going to keep working on it at 100 dpi, and then just scale it down to 70 dpi before I upload. I think the math will be easier that way. I hope.

-IG
    Honestly I tried and my numbers were really off. It was much simpler for me to restart at 70 dpi. I had barely started anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    -IG
    Yeah, I've re-made quite a few of these old blue maps that are 1"= 10' and it is a challenge. Since DundJinni always creates the maps at 200 dpi, but lets us export at anywhere from 50 to 200 at 1" = 5', I usually scale the map as if it is 1" = 10' then export at 200 dpi. Then I resize the map to 100 dpi 1" = 5'. The hard part is I have to scale all the art to about 50% normal size so that it is the right size when I'm done.

Bogie, you said that 70 dpi is a standard in the industry?

Is 72dpi a standard for something?

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Bogie, you said that 70 dpi is a standard in the industry?

Is 72dpi a standard for something?
    Lol, I thought it was 72DPI. Oh well, its not like I was very far along. 70DPI it is, my GIMP auto'd to 72 DPI the last time. I shall fix it.

Guild Member Guild Supporter

Head's up for anyone else using the secondary, clearer-labeled, map - there is at least one mistake/omission in it, compared to the blue map, so beware. (I found that area 3 is missing a door.)
    That might be the only mistake on there, but just a reminder to double check

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast