Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annydwyr Commission

Default Annydwyr Commission

Hi all! This map has been in the works for quite a long time. The bulk of it has actually been done for a while, but a few expected delays and two small bits of data loss kept the official completion until now.
    Here it is! The final map at last!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annydwyr8.jpg 
Views:	3705 
Size:	6.30 MB 
ID:	99433

Let me know what you think!

WIP Thread: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...light=annydwyr

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Member

Very nice map

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Overall this is looking magnificent, Josiah! I like the colour scheme you have going, as well as your land shapes. Mountains (especially those awesome volcanoes!) and forests are looking pretty nifty too.

If I were you, there's a few things I would still take care of before I called this one finished though.
    • Mencaries River (southern continent) currently looks like a big blob of blue - I'm assuming that's something that just isn't finished yet?
    • your cartouche (or legend box or whatever it's supposed to be called) is pretty neat when zoomed out, but at full resolution it seems to look a little rough, especially compared to the tiny text in it
    • the light blue coastal wave line looks a bit too computer-generated too me. If you take a few minutes, just create a new layer, and redo the thing by hand (using the current one to lead your hand), and then throw away the old one. That should help you get it to fit together with your black coastline, which actually looks really good.
    • the stroke on the place labels is a bit too thin when they're over a patch of forest, making them quite hard to read.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way though! If I thought this map wasn't worth those upgrades, I wouldn't have suggested them. But by taking care of these now (which shouldn't take too much of your time), I believe you can turn this already great map into a real masterpiece.
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Wow! How big? This is quite a significant piece of work Josiah, kudos for getting it all done.

I'm with Caenwyr with the tiny pieces of detail that would make this outstanding. For example there are a few spots where the rivers overlap the coastline and others where they don't quite seem to reach. Little things that would just enhance its value as an outstanding piece of art.

Overall it's an outstanding achievement and you should be proud of it!

It looks like I can rep once more so... have some

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow ! Impressive map, and impressive work ! It's a real beauty and I really love your style ! I think caenwyr is right when he suggest to take the time to perfect your map, because it's really worth it ! I like the names you choose and the similarity with existent tongue, it made me smile !
    I'm curious to Know what the map will be used for ? a RPG Campaign ? It sure is a
    map full of ideas for adventure and stories ! Congratulations !

This is one of your best works Josiah. Beautful map, well done colouring and very nice forests. It took you some time, but good maps always do. Congratz !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

I want to echo what my fellow guildes said...the praise and the little nitpicks.

All in all a really impressive piece of work. I love your forests and the overall colors are very pleasing. This is definitely a "Inspiration Folder" map. I'll Rep. you if i can.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

a delight for the eyes!

I missed it, till now!

Very beautiful, Josiah. I love the colouring, and the sea is just fantastic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast