Thread: I Imagine a 007 Style Headquarters set in the Forgotten Realms

Default I Imagine a 007 Style Headquarters set in the Forgotten Realms

First of all, thank you in advance for looking at this request.

Project Scope:
    I am attempting to get my wife and daughter into D&D, as a way to enjoy each others company since I work 6 hours from home and don't get to see them as often as i'd like.
    I have set up a Roll20 account and my daughter suprised me by wanting to play an assassin (She's really not violent ;-) LOL). That being said, I imagine her becoming an agent for one of the powerful cities of the Sword Coast and the agency would like to have the typical cast of characters common in a Bond movie (Q, M, Montypenny, and any other I can think of).

Setting:
    D&D 5E - Forgotten Realms in the town of Triboar

Design Concept:
    I would like to use Building #: T7 of the Triboar map embedded below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skttriboarmap.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	99545

This building is listed as "Ransor's Open Road" but as the shopkeep was crooked, I imagine it being purchased by the "MI-6" replacement agency known as "The Ravens". The newly opened shop is now run as a "Front" selling feed, rations and caravan supplies and, I imagine, it has a back room that my daughter's character can enter and then use a secret door to enter the headquarters called the "Triboar Raven's Nest"

Something along these lines:

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	99546

Name:	thunderball-die02.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	99547

To elaborate, I imagine the following rooms:
    • Spiral Staircase from the Shop
    • Entry with a Secretary & Guard post
    • A larger office for the "M" equivalent
    • A Conference Room
    • A Cafeteria
    • A Barracks
    • A Library
    • A Weapons R&D Laboratory
    • An Armor R&D Laboratory
    • A Poisoner's R&D Laboratory
    • An Artificer R&D Laboratory
    • An open area for testing all of the above R&D items
    • A Practice room for hand to hand fighting
    • An archery and thrown weapon range

Number of maps: 2
    One 2 dimensional color map appropriate for Roll20 use, with a grid, room numbers and a key to the number system.
    One 2 dimensional color map appropriate for Roll20 use, without a grid or information

Technical:
    I'm unsure but i'd like it to be Hi Res PNG file for printing, but able to make a JPG version for Roll20 slightly smaller than 5MB
    Full color

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    I would like to keep it for personal use only, but cartographer owns the map

Deadline:
    Flexible. Still building many other maps for the game.

Payment:
    Unpaid

Thank you again, and this really would mean a lot even if they both hate D&D, but lets hope they don't.

Contact
    Scott R. Reu
    reuwriting@gmail.com
    Please use subject line MI-6 Maps

Default Thoughts?

Just trying to bump this up to try and get some feedback. This is my first request and i'm looking for feedback.

The unpaid part might be one reason for the lack of response.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    The unpaid part might be one reason for the lack of response.
    Unfortunately. Creating a map is a long process and there are not many that will do it for free.
    I saw some people taking unpaid requests, but that happen rarely. Don't expect a high quality map though. You still have a chance to have some respone, but you don't have to bump it if the thread is still on the first page.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Understood, I just saw 180+ views, and with the unpaid tag I assumed I possibly used the template incorrectly or something.

If i had the funds, i would totally pay... just cant happen right now, sorry.

Little side note here, Reuter.

I don't mean to disappoint you any, but it pays in the long run to be aware of the way it works.

The view count doesn't really mean all that much. The site is absolutely crawling with search bots of various different descriptions. People always think my threads are popular because the view count tends to be a bit higher than average, but I put it down mostly to the fact that I have several hyperlinks in my signature, which are probably searched on top of the actual thread being searched

If I'm right, then your view count may rise quite a bit now I've added a comment - along with all my extra links in tow...

Thanks for the info, as I said i'm new to all this.

We were all new once, Reuter

We do appreciate what you are trying to do here, but the sad fact of life is that when there are paid jobs on offer, only very few can afford to take time off to do unpaid work. There are an astonishing number of cartographers who rely quite heavily on the extra income they get from mapping.

Don't despair, though, It is just possible that someone with a family him or herself who is able to sympathise with your situation might see this thread and offer their services - perhaps to gain experience, either in doing commission work, or in doing the type of work you require

Maybe... if no one comes forward after a while, you might offer a token amount of some kind? There is after all quite a lot of work to be done.