Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The fortress of Blackbones

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wip The fortress of Blackbones

Hi !

As I said in another post, I'm more or less stuck on a horizontal position because of my back... So, fortunately, I can still draw on my iPad...
    Here's the fortress of Blackbones, guarding the passage of the Blackbone river... For now, it's only the lines, but I've started to add colors... which is not easy on Procreate, because, for example, I can't do color gradients (?), it's all by hand and I'm still learning to use that app...

I'm all open for critics and comments !

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fortress_Blackbone01.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	99588

Oh this is going to be great!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Oh this is going to be great!
    Thanks ! I'll try to do my best !

What an magnificent view ! Great drawing and idea, already looks splendid JO.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

You slipped this in under the radar, Jo!

I completely missed it before ChickPea commented on it, but now I know its here I'll keep watching.

And I also agree with ChickPea - this looks like its going to be a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    What an magnificent view ! Great drawing and idea, already looks splendid JO.
    Thanks for your kind words !

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You slipped this in under the radar, Jo!

I completely missed it before ChickPea commented on it, but now I know its here I'll keep watching.

And I also agree with ChickPea - this looks like its going to be a good one
    Thanks Mouse ! The difficult part will be the colors, as I don't have access to Photoshop for now... I'll try to make something beautiful !!!

Its not the software that dreams and creates the colours, Jo, but you yourself, so I have every confidence it will look beautiful in the end

That is very promising !

This perspective works so well and the line art is already great. Somehow, my brain fails to recognize those objects on the slope bellow the castle; I presume they are rocks, but I constantly see giant mussels or even worms crawling to devour everyone in the... ok, I've got carried away. To be constructive: if those are the rocks, perhaps they could rest with their lower side on the material of the slope, or even be partially buried bellow it; if those are the giant worms, well... all I can do is wish luck to those poor people inside the castle

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    That is very promising !
    Thanks a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by Shall Teclex View Post
    This perspective works so well and the line art is already great. Somehow, my brain fails to recognize those objects on the slope bellow the castle; I presume they are rocks, but I constantly see giant mussels or even worms crawling to devour everyone in the... ok, I've got carried away. To be constructive: if those are the rocks, perhaps they could rest with their lower side on the material of the slope, or even be partially buried bellow it; if those are the giant worms, well... all I can do is wish luck to those poor people inside the castle
    I wish I had thought about giant worms... But it's rock... It should be more obvious with colors and shadows (at least I hope... Otherwise, It can be giant worms... if it looks more like giants worms ! )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast