Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: AERLAAN – A playground built for a muse

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PaGaN View Post
    Hey Kacey.
    I agree totally. I think, once we are out of these woods would probably be a good time to consolidate the lessons learned and then write up the tut. We don't know what else we are going to have to familiarize ourselves with before that point...lol.

I'm currently in the middle of a power outage so no mapping fur me at the moment.
    And to think after all this there will be topography to deal with, which I'm thinking is going to be the most time consuming part, and then climate... My head may explode before the end of it.

Hopefully you get you're power back soon, I heard there will be crews working through the night to get it resolved. We got some nasty weather today too I'm not too far off, luckily I still have power but the wind is still pretty crazy in my neck of the woods.

I know right!? It was nuts. Our power just came back up literally about a minute ago. PHEW! Now the house smells of extinquished candles...lol

And yes, re: topography, that's a whole other mountain to climb (pun intended ). But, given your other work I'm sure you are going to Ace that one.
    THERE IS ALWAYS MORE THAN ONE RIGHT ANSWER!

Quote Originally Posted by PaGaN View Post
    I know right!? It was nuts. Our power just came back up literally about a minute ago. PHEW! Now the house smells of extinquished candles...lol

And yes, re: topography, that's a whole other mountain to climb (pun intended ). But, given your other work I'm sure you are going to Ace that one.
    I felt it too, nothing bad happened here.
    We are not so bad, Ireland is preparing for a hurricane.

Also, I agree that a tutorial about tectonics would be nice.

WOW, you felt that storm all the way in Quebec eh? It was really weird, cane out of nowhere, was INSANE fur about 10 minutes then pretty much went.

The tectonics/GPlates tutorial is going to take some work, sweat and tears (and probably PTSD therapy) i also feel t will need to be a collaboration written by the survivors...lol

I actually do a lot of process design for work so don't mind taking a stab once Aerlaan has come through the meat grinder.

It lasted way more than 10 minutes but wasn't that intense. Not here at least.

The hurricane that's passing over Ireland and heading towards Scotland has dragged a load of warm air so we're having a few days of unseasonable weather, around 24°C here. Unfortunately it's also dragging sand from the Sahara and debris from forest fires in Spain and Portugal, so the sky is blotted out and there's an eerie orange glow.

I'm an ex-brit so was chatting with my family earlier today and they told me about the weird weather. They negelcted to tell me about the eerie skies however.

Hopefully everything is okay over there.

Interesting real world lessons about climate. something to hold in mind when we get to climate design...

It started to look 'overcast' then by about 3pm it was like a partial eclipse sort of darkness but with this orange glow. I couldn't see the sun. I took some photographs but they don't do the orangeness justice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DMRP4S9XUAALkpy.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	100194

Wow. that IS eerie. Thanks for sharing Straf

The issues about hurricane paths, tornadoes and other extreme weather is something worth considering when building a world?!? (I'm not really sure)
    I considered it in one of my map but did not gave to much attention.
    I mean, I don't think it makes a big difference. People will build cities in hurricane path anyway.

Ophelia is an uncommon hurricane, since they don't usually travel to Europe. It could become more frequent with warmer waters.
    Also, the path north was blocked by a large depression system, so it drifted east/north-east.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast