Hey Kacey!

Absolutely there will be islands and archipelagos, just need GPlates to tell me where they are going to be...LOL

Also, fired up GPlates this morning to reconstruct the next 20 mya and discovered that the software has eaten my Rasters! did not load them automatically. I had to find them in the load feature collections dialog and even then they are not showing up GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it might be becasue i imported each raster to a new feature collection when i should probably have saved the rasters to the SAME feature collection.

trying again tonight or, in hindsight, i might load all of the continents together as one TIFF and import as a global raster and then use the polygons to "cookie cut" them to the polygon.

Don't get attached to the present day configuration...this could all change depending on what happens in GPlates...LOL. The plates will be moving according to oceanic rifts spreading and closing so I may not be able to logically get the landmasses where i want them. I'm not overly attacehd to outcomes, so Que Sera Sera.

Also, trying to figure out the best way to add geometry to the reconstruction to show the oceanic ridge formation and spreading. Interested to see how Charerg used flowlines for this purpose.

Good gods, whilst i'm having fun delving into Aerlaan to this extent i'm getting to the point where I'm ready for the tectonics to be over...I WANT TO GET ON TO CLIMATE!!!

Re: naming. thank you It's actually one of the things i enjoy the most. helps to make something a tad more "real". Regarding coming up wiht the names it's actually pretty easy. I keep a Google Keep file with names that come to me. When i'm out and about I just look around and kind of "mashup" words that are around. if i like any then i write them down. you'd be surprised how quickly that list grows...LOL.

PaGaN