View Poll Results: Multiple Choice Voting!!!

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Prince's rapt, by - JO -

15 53.57%
  • Shannara & the Cathedral of Knowledge, by aeshnidae

5 17.86%
  • Planets of hats, by Azelor

5 17.86%
  • Casle Drano & the City lost to the Tides, by eViLe_eAgLe

0 0%
  • Dwarf City, by Falconius

1 3.57%
  • The Yawning Isles, by GLS

11 39.29%
  • Ishtar's Feast of the Millennium, by Ilanthar

6 21.43%
  • O'Gray's Pearls, by Mouse

23 82.14%
  • Revealing Dido, by Redrobes

4 14.29%
  • El Angel Caido de Madrid, by Shall Teclex

10 35.71%
  • The World According to Orcs, by Tonnichiwa

0 0%
  • Darkwood Harbor, by XCali

7 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *** August/September 2017 VOTING: Two Month Summer Challenge Special ***

I just visited his profile and looked at his awards page!

Had to use all the toes on both front paws, and the tip of my nose to count them up. He has a staggering 8 golds and the full set of 3 silver compasses!!! (and that's only the compasses he's won)

My, how that man must jingle as he walks

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shall Teclex View Post
    Whenever I fail to comment on the WIP threads for the challenge I participate in, I take my time to read all the threads and write a review for each of the challenge entries in the voting phase. So, I hope that you won't mind the length of this post (and just to keep it shorter, I'm leaving out all the unfinished/ withdrawn maps).

The Prince's rapt, by - JO -: What an original, entertaining, and dynamic take on the themes! And I definitely want to see the sequel... (And I know that this has nothing to do with the review of your challenge entry, but I love that nostalgic little story about your first steps in the RPG world in your WIP thread )
    Thanks a million for your kind words, and most of all, thanks for reading the whole thread ! That's nice of you !

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I just visited his profile and looked at his awards page!

Had to use all the toes on both front paws, and the tip of my nose to count them up. He has a staggering 8 golds and the full set of 3 silver compasses!!! (and that's only the compasses he's won)

My, how that man must jingle as he walks
    You should hear him when he wears his awards!

Blog Entries

We should have platinum compass that you can exchange 10 gold pieces - I mean gold compasses - for one Platinum.

You should hear him when he wears his awards!
    Thats bleetin genius !

Oh groan! LOL!

You know, I think you might have a workable idea with that platinum award thing - something to aim for after you've got your first gold compass. I wonder if Diamond would go for it?

Are there any other so highly decorated members?

Blog Entries

I dont know - prob J.E I expect - I cant see a way to list members by number of awards. But its not going down so more and more people will go into this bracket as time goes by. I have put it to the CLs for discussion to see if this is something we should do.

Edit: J.E has 4 gold plus others awards, Chick has 3 silvers, Max has loads but varied type, Ascension has tons of tutorial awards so maybe need a golden quill or something. I thnk id probably be more aware of it if the panels on the left showed them all. RobA has 5 golds and 5 tutorials. Yikes, Sapiento has 8 golds too.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 10-04-2017 at 02:21 PM.

I think it would help to revive interest among the members who already have several gold compasses but no longer take part in the Challenges - an even higher prestige to be had.

Platinum is a bit similar to silver, though, what about a Diamond globe, or something like that?

(I know! give me an inch and I take a mile. I just have this annoying tendency to develop ideas all over the place when in the company of other creative people!)

Blog Entries

What about a segment of cheese ?

I have upped it to show up to 18 which is more than the maximum of anyone (15 at the time of writing). But if that is cluttered then maybe have animated GIF style sparkly ones, make them show first and go back down to 6 shown.

LOL! Cheese, Red?

Not the Mouse award (though you could bet your life I'd kill myself trying to get it, as it would just look sooooo cool under my avatar picture )!

But its the Platinum/Diamond award (in both senses of the word). Has to be really - he runs the Main Challenge most of the time, and he's going to be one of the first to get one if you all decide to go for it

I think it needs some input from the CLs before we get carried away, but nice sparkly ones would look nice... if Robbie doesn't mind. I hate to spoil the fun, but I do remember him saying something about not really liking animated avatars all that much, and an animated award may sort of fit in the same category, if you see what I mean....

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Mouse, Straf, I tend to squelch when I walk. Or maybe wheeze. Sometimes a creak here or there when it's cold.

I'd totally go for 'combining' awards. Once you win 5 gold, they're replaced by a platinum compass. Maybe it would be slightly oversized to differentiate it from the silver(s). Just no animated stuff, please. Also, we'll have to wait and see what Robbie says about the VBulletin upgrade; we may have issues implementing stuff like that. To be determined...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast