Thread: Giant Bee Dungeon

Guild Apprentice Descending Bear's Avatar

Wip Giant Bee Dungeon

Guess who hasn't done any mapping in way too long and wants to get back into it? This guy

I love the one-page dungeon contest and I'd like to enter it one year. But of course I can't enter it if I never draw any one-page dungeons. So let's do it.

My concept here is that the caves I haven't filled in yet will be a hive of giant bees, who are causing a mysterious shaking and humming at ground level. They're somewhat intelligent, and have sealed certain chasms with thin wax to create pit traps, which will be clearer once I put text on specifying what they are.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Shaking Ground.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	99744

IIRC the one-page dungeon contest is system-agnostic, but this map's more for practice and I might end up using it, so it's got references to D&D for now.

Would love feedback on how it's looking so far. I'm going to colour or shade the water to make it clearer what's air and what's underwater -- considering doing it in greyscale or with limited colour to make it more printer-friendly?

edit: working on filling out the text and refining how the caves are shaped:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Shaking Ground lines 2.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	99780
    Last edited by Descending Bear; 10-04-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Really nice. This is exactly what the one page dungeons are looking for. They care less about the map (how dare they!) and more about the write up of the dungeon.