#Inktober2017 - Map 18 - "Filthy"

Since I had just released my redraw of the Dungeon! boargame map today via my blog, I decided that the obvious choice for "Filthy" (sewers) should combine with the Dungeon! map into something more. So here we have the underdungeon that is connected by a number of grates to the chambers above.

Right in the middle we have the upper drainage area, linked to the Main Gallery above (and designed to keep the rest of the dungeon from flooding from rains above by moving the water down beneath the corridors as soon as it reaches the bottom of the gallery stairs). The water flow continues down to chambers underneath the guardroom (where the water generally gets... less pleasant) and then to the kitchens. A long run brings the waterflow to the torture chamber where it picks up whatever is washed out of that chamber and brings it down to the Queen's Treasure Room Annex which in at least one more recent edition of the boardgame is illustrated with a large hole in the centre - this is where the resident Otyugh lives and leaps up to try to snack on adventurers in the treasure chambers. It then flows down beneath the king's chambers (but is not connected to those chambers where it meets the flow from the wizard's laboratory before flowing out to the river outside.

On the northeast side we have the ghouls' runs, a set of corridors dug out by the ghouls and other foul creatures living beneath the north side level 4 crypts.

(All the grates in this map are actually the grates set in the floors above when mixed with the classic Dungeon! map - there's also a small stair error in the ghoul crypts that has to be reversed when I finally scan this for release)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inktober-18-under-the-dungeon.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	100370