Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Inktober 2017 Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That market illustration is fantastic. Is that like an old crone holding out a rat for sale?!?
    O thank you sir! Not sure what character you're referring to, a couple of them are doing number signs with their fingers, one is smoking a pipe. But i'm VERY bad at drawing fingers, and pipes too.

These are well done. Nice perspective on that last shot. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lazy One View Post
    O thank you sir! Not sure what character you're referring to, a couple of them are doing number signs with their fingers, one is smoking a pipe. But i'm VERY bad at drawing fingers, and pipes too.
    LOL! It looks like someone holding out a dead rat or possibly a fish from the left side of the frame, while the figure walking down the alley is shying away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    LOL! It looks like someone holding out a dead rat or possibly a fish from the left side of the frame, while the figure walking down the alley is shying away from it.
    Ah yes... the rat needs a tail and some feet, but I can see that. haha. A funny interpretation, Diamond.

The scene really is well done and your fingers and pipe are not as bad as you think they are, The Lazy One.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Lazy, these are absolutely stunning!!! I especially love the one with the temple(?) built into the hill side. I know it wasn't part of the challenge, but I would LOVE to see what these would look like with some coloring to them!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Thank you everyone!
    I definitely' can't unsee the rat now!

Manwhile: Number 15 - Mysterious! Nothing new in this one, just consolidating my techniques with stone buildings i guess.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	done-12.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	100198

As for the coloring, i'd be very curious too! Maybe in November?

Cheers
    Jack

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Still going strong. I love that steep hillside/cave one and the small details in your market are lovely. Very nice castle as well, almost makes me wanna practice drawing, maybe I can work my way up to a shed
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Wow, you definitely do not deserve your pseudonym (or I'm the king of the lazy ones) !
    Great work here, very inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Still going strong. I love that steep hillside/cave one and the small details in your market are lovely. Very nice castle as well, almost makes me wanna practice drawing, maybe I can work my way up to a shed
    Thank you Tilt! Well, i doubt that anyone here is much less proficient than me in drawing. It's just a matter of practice really, and experimenting styles. And I've got a long way ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Wow, you definitely do not deserve your pseudonym (or I'm the king of the lazy ones) !
    Great work here, very inspiring.
    Thank you!

well, i'm lazy as i really try to find the quickest solutions to get what i want. A bit of painful cross-hatching can be quicker than other means, for sure.

ANYWAYS: here's today pick: "FAT"
    Again, experimenting different views and concepts. A bit far from the cartographic approach, this time.

Name:	done-13.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	100236

Cheers
    Jack

Todays map! well, again, not a map today. But a badass tree, i'm very happy of how it turned out!

C&C welcome, this hatching techniques will certainly be useful in the future too!

Name:	done-14.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	100285

Cheers
    Jack

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast